Cant Get Base off SMK3

I bought a SMK3 from Surety Cam. It is attached to the base and I cant get it off the base (its not mounted on the ceiling yet.

The two lines (on the unit and base) are lined up. I am afraid if I twist too hard it will break it.

Also, when programming the Go Panel, I hit the test button for 4 seconds and it did not transmit its ID. How do I do this?

I watched installation videos on youtube and this thing comes off effortlessly on the videos. Although it went on effortlessly there is no way this is coming off easily. If you need to issue an RMA, please let me know.

Alignment notch in lined up perfectly, none of the tabs look misaligned from the bottom. Tried putting it on a soft piece of rubber and pushing down and twisting. Its stuck on there and there is a little but of play (like 1mm) but not much

Try triggering with tamper (not test)

Hold base in one hand, hold detector in the other, Turn detector COUNTER-CLOCKWISE with one hand while holding the base still to REMOVE it from base (your attached pic is the base).

Smoke zone

(09) 24-hour fire
Enter (1058) for smkt3
Learn serial by shift then learn and tampering smoke det
Equip age (0) new
Loop 1(1)
Enter descriptor
Reports enabled (1)
Supervised enabled (1)
Chime disabled (00)

Heat zone

(09) 24-hour fire
Enter (1058) for smkt3
Equip age (1) existing
Loop 2 (2)
Enter descriptor
Reports enabled (1)
Supervised enabled (1)
Chime disabled (00)

Freeze zone

(08) 24-hour auxiliary
Enter (1058) for smkt3
Equip age (1) existing
Loop 3 (3)
Enter descriptor
Reports enabled (1)
Supervised enabled (1)
Chime disabled (00)

This base and alarm will not budge. it is like they fused together. I have a really good grip too and can’t get these two pieces apart.

Try harder.

Its not coming off. I dont want to damage it so I can get an RMA to exchange it. If you look at the video, there is not much effort involved.

Without seeing item myself, I’m not sure what other advice to give on removing the back. Sometimes they do stick on the Smokes, but obviously you should be able to open and close it with a firm attempt.

Our return and exchange policy is shown here if needed. Neither option requires us to issue you an RMA number.

I had this problem too, just really had to twist it hard. It will come off.