Lowe's Garage Door Controller (iris)

Is there a way to test this on my account? I have it added to my panel but received an inclusion failed error.

Your Garage Door device is showing up as a light switch with status OK. Where/when are you seeing the inclusion failed error? Does it work? Can you control the garage door with it?

No that truly is a light switch. To get around not having a working garage door option I setup a binary switch to control a relay to simulate a button press.

I get the error when adding the garage door module. The device remains on the network though and the error is there as well.

Picture of the message on the panel.

Node: 9
Id: 4744/3030

In that case it’s probably not going to work. If the Z-Wave device class is ENTRY_CONTROL, which would make sense as it’s a door control device, then 2GIG would have to add specific support for that door controller. They add specific support for each door lock (Yale, Schlage, Kwikset, etc…) because each one uses proprietary encryption. That device probably has it’s own encryption that 2GIG hasn’t implemented yet. If it was a BINARY_SWITCH device, on the other hand, 2GIG supports generic BINARY_SWITCH devices so any of them work.

http://wiki.zwaveeurope.com/index.php?title=Z-Wave_Application_Layer#Device_Classes

What’s the text at the top of the picture that got cut off say? Anything useful?

Why not just use Liftmaster MyQ to control your garage door? It works great with Alarm.com and almost any garage door.

MyQ won’t function with my garage door unfortunately or I would already have it :frowning:

Do you have a contact that could let you know if support is in the works? Also, could a software update be initiated if one is available?

What make/model of garage door opener do you have? If you were able to open and close with a simulated button press then you should be able to use MyQ with a MyQ Garage and a Linear Megacode Receiver. I have not yet come across a garage door opener that doesn’t work with this setup.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007RDUJE/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item

At work so not sure off the top of my head. I’m sure adding in the Linear Megacode Receiver to the mix would work as that is something I didn’t try when I had previously purchased the MyQ for testing.

This does however add $50 to a setup that would do what the Lowe’s option would handle by itself. If Alarm.com is working on adding the Lowe’s model to the mix then I’ll probably hold off since I have a working (albeit cumbersome) setup now.

I am not aware of Alarm.com working on support for the Linear GD00Z-1, which is the model being sold at Lowes. I would expect 2GIG to eventually support it since it’s made by Linear but then Alarm.com would have to add support for Z-Wave garage doors as well. I’ll ask around and see if Alarm.com has any plans for it.

Just checking back to see if there has been any news on this subject. Just getting started with Suretydiy and I have 2 of these units ready to install. Of note, I was able to get my 1.6 panel to link to it, but nothing else. Hopefully when my cable arrives, the new firmware will help.

Alan

I wouldn’t hold my breath on the update solving the support for this. I’m on 1.9.6 and it didn’t work. I’d love to hear otherwise though! My understanding from Ryan’s response is that it’s actually a support issue from Alarm.com.

I was also able to get it to pair, but it didn’t understand that device type.

Well I will chime in on iris gear…

1. There are multiple zwave versions. The newest is 3.2 which is not supported by the 2GIG panel which uses the 2.78 version (2GIG firmware 1.10.1)

2. Iris zwave/zigbee sensors/cameras/etc DO NOT work with the 2GIG panel.

The ONLY iris zwave gear that is known to work is:
Kwikset/Schlage Locks
CT100 Tstat (same make/model used by 2GIG)
GE/Jasco Switches (binary power switch)
GE outlets
UTILITECH 100db siren (everspring binary switch)

In my case I can only verify compatibility with the switches and the siren (I have installed and use them)

I can confirm everything listed. I have the same parts installed (switches/siren).

I have confirmed the Iris watering system and the garage door (at this point) don’t work.

Any word on this? It’s been almost a year since any inquires and a firmware update has been released to support the Liner opener via the Go Control Panel. I just installed this with my girlfriend’s Sky Panel/Vivint service, it was very easy install/integration, not to mention a much needed addition to her home automation/security system.

Support was added in firmware v 1.13 to support the Linear GD00Z-4 zwave garage door controller .

Riven, I appreciate the reponse,I see I missed an important part of my inquiry. What puzzles me (and please correct me if I’m wrong) is the new version of the firmware supports it but Alarm.com does not. I prefer to stick with 2GIG/Linear products as they seamlessly integrate with the Go Control/Sky Control panel. My challange is dealing with the two different systems (Vivint/Sky Panel-Alarm.com/Go Control)and share everyone’s frustration of anticipating the release of the GC3.

Sky panel is/was 2GIG (developed 2010-2011, shelved, and then given away in 2012, aka 2GIG Go!2.0). That’s why (older) 2GIG equip works on it. Vivint just gave it a new UI, locked it down/crippled it. Good luck with that.

I understand what you’re saying, I’ve spent hours reading the difficulties and nightmares people have had with the panel and Vivint.
Guess I’m the select few who’ve had good luck with it, added switches, rules, cameras and now this. It pays to have the installer code and not ask Vivint for anything.(knocking on wood)

Anyway,I don’t want to beat an ole dead horse, my question at hand it now thay we have the firmware update any outlook on Alarm.com adding in the support for the Linear garage door controller?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I’m not aware of any effort by Alarm.com to support the Linear GD00Z-1 to GD00Z-4 line of garage door control devices. When I’ve asked Alarm.com employees about it in the past their response has always been “Liftmaster MyQ integration is our garage door solution”. If you want your garage door to work with Alarm.com you should use a Liftmaster MyQ 821LM and, if necessary, a Linear Megacode receiver.