Open Collector Outputs Security & Smoke

I have a couple questions on wiring and settings for the open collector outputs, which I haven’t used before despite installing several GC3s. I’m a 2GIG dealer and don’t see much help for these questions.

In my installs, I have a Lutron VCRX, and I’d like to have one of the open collectors activate when the security alarm goes off and the other one when the smoke alarm goes off. So, my questions:

1. What do I use for the common wire on the GC3?
  2. Once the outputs are wired-up to the VCRX (see below for outputs from GC3 and inputs for VCRX), how do I tell the GC3 when to activate one for security alarm issues and the other for smoke alarm?

If it’s not clear, the reason to do this is that when the security alarm goes off, the lights inside will be locked on and the outside lights will flash. Further, when the smoke alarm goes off (using the nice new ring smoke detector unit!) the interior lights will turn on a low level setting that makes it easier to see through smoke than full brightness.

Thanks!

On GC3, in panel programming Q44 and Q45 control the two open collector outputs.

There are programming options for all alarms, burglary alarms only, fire alarms only, internal sounder, etc.

Open collector outputs connect to GND when activated.

Setup in this case: (not familiar with the VCRX but the diagram appears pretty straightforward and they are just dry contacts)

GC3 GND - Common
GC3 OC1 - Input 1
GC3 OC2 - Input 2

Perfect. Thanks so much!