ZWave Siren

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I would be able to add a ZWave wireless siren to my 2 GIG Go Control panel. If so what would you all reccomend?

Thanks

There are quite a few options.

This one gets a lot of mention on our forum.

Here is another.

This one gets a lot of mention on our forum.

The lowes iris utilitech is actually the Everspring siren/strobe and is configurable for 90 or 100db (for some reason, Lowes advertises it as 85db only, even though the packaging clearly states 90-100db) and is for interior use only.

Runs on 4 C batteries (included), and gives an audible sound when they are low (similar to a local smoke detector low batt warning). Range is 100’, and after two years, I am still on the original batteries. So on average, expect batteries to last approx. 3 years or so. With periodic sensor/smoke testing, and my cat triggering motions when we are away, I would say my siren/strobe activates monthly.

The thing I like about the lowes siren/strobe is that you can go to any lowes store, find it in the iris aisle, and walk out with it for $29. Set the jumper to 100db, add to panel and mount. The panel supports over 200 zwave devices, and if you wanted to, you can install that many of these siren/strobes.

For outdoor use, go with the 105db Fortrezz SSA3
https://www.google.com/search?q=fentrezz+SSA3us&ie=&oe=#q=fortrezz+SSA3us

Thanks for the responses! Will the sirens work when an alarm is triggered not just a fire alarm?

Will the sirens work when an alarm is triggered not just a fire alarm?

Q88(0)
if the panel alarms for CO/Fire, Burglary, then zwave siren activates.

Firmware version 1.13 added support for the Linear WA105DBZ-1, does anyone have experience with this alarm? It is nice that it has A/C power with built-in rechargeable battery (why a TS-1 doesn’t have a rechargeable battery is beyond ridiculous for the price).

105 db. sounder 10 lux led strobe Range is up to 100 feet between the wireless controller and/or the closest Z-Wave device Anti-tamper design Ac powered w/battery backup

With firmware 1.12 in the panel it showed up as a binary switch, with 1.13 it does not…so I assume it auto generates local rules to turn that “switch” on with the alarm…it also doesn’t show up as a configurable item on ADC.

Curious, is there a published limit to how many of these sirens the panel integrates with? Seems a lot better than the RE116, which seems to have one of the 2 batteries go dead at the least convenient time (e.g. when the baby is sleeping, or was before the battery went low).

The zwave sirens are not configurable on ADC. They alarm when panel alarms, turn off when panel siren turns off.

The panel supports as many zwave sirens as you want to install (up to the zwave device limit, which on 2GIG exceeds 200).

TS-1 doesn’t have a rechargeable battery is beyond ridiculous for the price).

My TS1 does use batteries as backup, and they are rechargeable (800mah) The TS1 doesn’t have the ability to charge them though. I have multiple set of AAA NIMH Energizer and Duracell, so I switch them out as needed, and recharge them (a 4pk of rechargeable AAA Energizers runs $10, a AA and AAA charger is like $10)

All the original TS1’s support rechargeable NIMH and Alkaline batteries. The newer TS1’s (with the three emergency symbols instead of “Emergency”) do not. The new TS1’s have the barrel Power transformer plug, the Original TS1’s do not.

Original TS1 with NIMH rechargeable 3xAAA batteries

Original TS1 on battery power

Zwave sirens are not configurable as switches.

Only Q88 in programming applies to Zwave siren function.

Get a Zwave switch.

Go buy a siren that is loud.

Get the appropriate plug in transformer to run it.

Plug it into the zwave switch

The sirens mentioned in this thread are not that loud.

I bought a aftermarket home alarm siren and it is very loud .

You need to create a rule where when you alarm goes off the siren goes off. Right now you can’t select"any device" but i was told that this issue is being resolved and temporary (you used to be able to do it)

Get a Zwave switch.

Go buy a siren that is loud.

Get the appropriate plug in transformer to run it.

Plug it into the zwave switch

The sirens mentioned in this thread are not that loud

no power, no siren?

“no power, no siren?”

Thats why I stated to get a AC 120 transformer to step it down to the correct DC Voltage of the Siren.

Plug that into a GE Outdoor switch.

done. Loud, durable siren

I believe he means during home power loss. You could use an UPS, but adds to the cost.