2GIG Firmware and Z-Wave Sounder

I was wondering if the firmware updates are pushed to my system with my subscription and if so if I have the current update. I am also installing a zwave sounder WA105DBZ-1 and wonder if you have instruction how to program it in ???

Thank You

You can confirm your firmware at the panel by pressing Security->Menu-> Toolbox-> Entering your User code -> Version-> and Firmware version will be listed. The most current firmware for the GC2 is 1.17.

Firmware updates are not automatic However, if you have the Go!Bridge OTA updates are available for free upon request. If you do not have the Go!Bridge, OTA updates have a one time cellular data charge.

You can also utilize the 2GIG USB Update cable. This way you can download the latest firmware to a PC and transfer it to your panel. It requires that your current firmware be version 1.5 or higher to work.The necessary steps for this method can be found in the previous link.

Each OTA update over cellular incurs a $10.00 Data Charge and can take anywhere from 3-12 hours to complete. If you use the TS1 secondary panel, please ensure that it is paired with the main panel before the OTA commences. The OTA Update will not be able to affect the TS1 if it is not paired properly.

It should be noted that OTA updates are typically run incrementally, however from version 1.13 it would just take one OTA update to get to the most recent 1.17.

Should you wish to proceed with an OTA, please contact customerservice@suretyDIY.com and be sure to include your Verbal Admin Passcode, for verification purposes. We can start the OTA process during normal business hours.

As for the WA105DBZ-1 Z-Wave siren, you will want to remove the device from a z-wave network first, as oftentimes new devices are enrolled in a network before leaving the factory.

At the panel, Services->Z-Wave->Wrench Icon-> Enter Installer Code-> and Click Remove Devices then while the system is listening you’ll want to press the z-wave siren’s inclusion button. Once removed from a network you can add the Z-Wave device to your network using the same process as above but clicking Add Devices. The Installation Manual can be found here.

Thanks for the info, I had a go bridge in a box I bought from you guys a long time ago and found it after a few hours, so I followed the instructions and it fails to connect at the learning process.

I may not have the 900 MHz Transceiver in my unit, it says on the screen;

Init learn process…
Learn process failed

Guessing I don’t have the 900 MHz Transceiver :frowning: Is there a way to tell if you do other then opening it up?

Thanks

2GIG Go!Control panels do not come with the 900mhz transceiver by default, so unless you have a TS1 or Image Sensor already, no it is unlikely.

The easiest way to tell is to open the panel and look at the transceiver. if it has a curly antenna like the one pictured here, it is an XCVR2. If it does not have the curly antenna, it is not a 900mhz one.

It now has one and is setup, I am hoping it is working with you guys since your are my monitoring service. So now that it’s all up and running, how do I get the firmware update from 1.13 to the latest 1.17 pushed to my GC2?

Last question :slight_smile: I connected the WA105DBZ-1 Z-Wave to my GC2, do I now have to program it if the alarm is triggered and if so can you point me to the GC2 programming for it now that’s it’s paired.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Guessing I may have to call you can give you my account and codeword for the firmware update?

You can request an OTA firmware upgrade by submitting a secure message to our customer service team. With a working Go!Bridge, OTA updates are free and sent via broadband.

I connected the WA105DBZ-1 Z-Wave to my GC2, do I now have to program it if the alarm is triggered and if so can you point me to the GC2 programming for it now that’s it’s paired.

Compatible Z-wave sirens on the GC2 do not require additional configuration. By default they will sound on both burglary and fire/co alarms. Q88 in system configuration can adjust that to be Burglary only if desired.

Thanks Jason I will send a message and of course I have another one for you, since I got everything sent up with the Go Bridge, I have notice at random times I hear my system speak out like it rebooted or something… any ideas, I don’t see any logs of a reset or anything, or not sure that I would.

Thanks

How many times have you heard it?

Keep in mind a few things: There are a couple updates which go out when dual path is activated and a reboot is part of the command string. Also, if you enter the installer toolbox and do not exit out, when it times out it will re-announce status.