2GIG GC2 Speaker Replacement

I have recently become a SuretyDIY customer after finally completing a Vivint contract. I have a 2GIG GC2 panel, and I think the speaker is damaged. The speech is intelligible but sounds muddy. When I tested 2-way communication, it was almost impossible to understand at the high volume used for that function. Can you suggest where to get a speaker replacement and/or the specs for that replacement. I would love to have a better quality internal speaker if one is available.

Also, When I need to open the control panel, do I always need to have my system placed in test mode to avoid tamper alerts at the monitoring center?

Thanks very much for any help.

Internal soldered parts like the speaker are not typically field-replaced. I would not recommend removal. The speaker on the GC2 does have a little static sound to it when pretty much any sound plays, but it should not cause 2-way to have problems. If you cannot understand operators there are likely additional problems with the speaker.

Also, When I need to open the control panel, do I always need to have my system placed in test mode to avoid tamper alerts at the monitoring center?

Standard tampers will not generate CS response unless the system is armed at the time (in which case it will be an alarm) but if you are working on the main panel it is typically good to call our operators and place your account on test. This will ensure accidental activation has no response and power loss/low battery reports are ignored during that time.