2GIG GC3 High Pitched Noise

Our 2GIG GC3 panel is making a very high pitched quiet noise, which is very annoying.
Is this a known issue or can we get it replaced?

Happy to help!

In order to best assist you, is it possible to submit a recording of the noise?

Is this noise constant or intermittent?
Has it been occurring since you installed the panel or after?

Yes, it’s been this way since installed. It’s constant and doesn’t change tone.
Occurring since the panel was turned on the first time.
It’s faint enough where I don’t think a cell phone would record it.
Sounds like a bad cap or have seen this with improperly wound transformers.

Have you tried powering down, leaving it powered off for two minutes, then powering back up?

As a test, unplug the transformer, then unplug the battery, let it rest for two minutes, then plug in battery, then transformer. Any change?

Hi there,

I just tried that, and no change. The high pitched sound is still being emitted from the panel.
Additionally, we’ve noticed that the chimes/noises played on door open are frequently choppy.

Do we have a bad panel? Can we RMA this? As is, the noise is very bothersome if you are nearby.

I just tried that, and no change. The high pitched sound is still being emitted from the panel. Additionally, we’ve noticed that the chimes/noises played on door open are frequently choppy.

Some choppiness during wireless transmission has been noticed and is expected at this time. This is a known improvement request at 2GIG.

Without hearing the noise it is hard to say for certain, if you power down the panel, unplug the twin speakers (plugged in red/black power wires with rectangular white connectors at the top and bottom of the right side of the panel) then power the panel back up, does the noise go away or is it still there?

Choppiness during wireless transmission between panel + sensor shouldn’t affect how the panel plays a sound. The wireless transmission is just signaling an open/close. This is an issue with the panel not playing a sound properly, and it stutters while playing some precanned .wav file.

As far as the high pitched noise, I unplugged the speakers and it’s still coming from the panel.

Choppiness during wireless transmission between panel + sensor shouldn’t affect how the panel plays a sound. The wireless transmission is just signaling an open/close. This is an issue with the panel not playing a sound properly, and it stutters while playing some precanned .wav file.

Correct, the “choppiness” or stutter on some words is known and based on available evidence seems to correspond to signal transmission (actions which cause a cellular signal update to ADC, not just sensors). This is not a unique panel issue and from what we understand is something addressable in firmware.

As far as the high pitched noise, I unplugged the speakers and it’s still coming from the panel.

If this is a prominent sound and it occurs with both speakers unplugged then yes it is probably electrical and out of place.

Out of curiosity, if you unplug the panel transformer and just run on battery, is the sound there?
If you unplug the battery and just run on the transformer, is the sound there?

suretyDIY warranty policy can be found here on our website. The GC3 Panel warranty period is 1 year.