2GIG GC3 secondary Touch Screen Panel

I recently installed a GC3 control panel. I would like to install a secondary touch screen panel in the house similar to the the 2GIG TS1 Touch screen Panel (for GC2 panels).

Do you have any recommendations or any idea if or when 2GIG is expected to either update the TS1 Panel to support the GC3 or come out with a new secondary pane for the GC3?

Only the PAD1 can be used at this time.

The TS1 would not be compatible. A dedicated GC3 secondary keypad is in the works, but there is no ETA. I would assume late this year.

I just got off the phone with a senior tech at 2GIG. He stated that all the features of the Go!Control panel (2-way audio, TS1 compatibility, Image Sensor compatibility and WiFi) will all become available in the GC3 with a firmware update. He said they don’t have an ETA yet, but things are moving fast since they are being bombarded with requests. He also said that bluetooth will be available in the near future with an add-on module.

(2-way audio, TS1 compatibility, Image Sensor compatibility and WiFi) will all become available in the GC3 with a firmware update.

Two way voice I have just found out is now supported by ADC per the last conversation I had with a rep there. It was enabled on the panel from launch.

The TS1 and Image Sensor I can’t see ever being compatible as they are now. A dedicated secondary panel for the GC3 is being worked on, likely a release date later this year, but the GC3 does not have the 900mhz transceiver to use either of the stated devices, and the TS1 operating software would not be compatible, so firmware would not do it, a little confused on that part.

Wifi indeed should be enabled through firmware update.

Is the PAD1-345 still the only add-on panel that can be used with the GC3? Did the TS1 firmware update ever happen?

The PAD1-345 is still the only add-on panel that works with the GC3. I purchased the GC3 as soon as it came out and knew I was taking a risk by being an early adopter. Having said that, I am disappointed with the slow release of firmware updates and compatible hardware. Lesson learned. If I had it to do all over again I would have purchased a different panel. I knew I would be waiting awhile for compatible hardware but I didn’t think “awhile” would be over a year. In my opinion, 2GIG/Linear rushed the release of the GC3 because they wanted to get the panel out before Honeywell released the Lyric. It was a marketing tactic that I believe did not serve them well.

I knew I would be waiting awhile for compatible hardware but I didn’t think “awhile” would be over a year.

A year or so after release is pretty typical for a secondary panel. We had definitely hoped sooner as well, but this is not aberrant in any way, really.

We’re excited to see if the secondary is shown at ISC West. I’m guessing so.

Anything about a secondary keypad on ISC West?

What about using a wall mounted tablet running the ADC app? will that be a reasonable substitute? Is it possible to ask for a pin when disarming the system from the app?

Thanks

Information can be found in the ISC West thread here.

What about using a wall mounted tablet running the ADC app? will that be a reasonable substitute? Is it possible to ask for a pin when disarming the system from the app?

You cannot require a pin to disarm from the app, but you can require a pin to access the app and remain logged in. It is an option, but secondary panels will be available shortly if you have or are interested in the GC3

Any news or update in relation to the new secondary GC3 panels and the V3.1 GC3 firmware update?

Nortek had previously announced a May release date.

It looks like they have missed their target ETA. Hoping they will be released soon.

We anticipate having some available with the next few weeks. I can’t give a solid ETA, but I hear they are starting to ship through distribution.

Thank you

Any news/update on when firmware V3.1 for the 2gig GC3 panel will become available?

Still no ETA on the 3.1 firmware, although we suspect it to be released fairly soon.

What is the difference between the upcoming SP1 and SP2 secondary panels?

SP2 will be available first and has limited functionality. See this thread.

The SP2 will largely just be for chimes, arming/disarming. Connects via wifi.

The SP1 will have pretty much all the same software capabilities as the GC3 (other than panel hardware like cell-sled, etc.)

So, this happened when the ring smoke detector set off the alarm. How do you restart the panel? Pressing and holding the button doesn’t work.

Power cycling would be the best bet. We’ve not seen this error, but are happy to forward it to 2GIG.

Does acknowledging the alert accomplish anything?

If you power cycle and it returns to normal operation, can you replicate this?

I’m a dealer, but I never seem to get responses to general inquiries through the dealer site, so I’d appreciate it.

If you acknowledge the alert, nothing happens. It won’t go away or do anything at all. I tried to hold the power button and that did nothing. I think there’s maybe a reset hole, but I just unplugged it and let it drop the power to zero eventually and plugged it in. It seems to be fine now.

I could try to set the alarm off again (a false alarm from a First Alert OneLink AC10-500 through the ring smoke detector), but I have to find a good time to do that.

Quick question. I installed the GC3 system a month ago and my wife was killing me for a secondary panel. I ordered what I now know to be a second 2GIG-SP1-GC3. Is there any way to make this work as a secondary panel?? Or do I have to order the SP2?

Thanks in advance. This forum has been really helpful.

Quick question. I installed the GC3 system a month ago and my wife was killing me for a secondary panel. I ordered what I now know to be a second 2GIG-SP1-GC3

The SP1 and SP2 are both secondary touchscreens, but the SP1 would be a pre-order AFAIK as I do not know of it being available yet.

Do you instead mean you do not yet have a secondary touchscreen and you ordered a second 2GIG-GC3-345?

If that is the case, then unfortunately no, you cannot use two 2GIG-GC3-345’s together. You would need either the 2GIG SP2, or the upcoming 2GIG SP1 secondary panels.