2GIG GC3 upgrade firmware failed v3.1.3.6257

I have a 2GIG GC3 panel on version 3.1.2.5996. I have tried 2 times to upgrade to version 3.1.3.6257 with no success. It starts the process, then fails to apply the image. It boots into recovery mode and starts back up on the 5996 version. The system message shows error 12 failed to apply image.

Well, there is in fact a newer version you might also try. Firmware 3.2 is newly available and enables partitions on the GC3. See it here. Any luck with that version or do you see the same?

Try powering down the panel for at least 2 full minutes. Then power up, wait a few minutes for boot up, then try update again.

I had the same result :confused: Silly question, how do I power down the interface for 2 minutes? I’ve only seen options to reboot…

To power down you would unplug the wall transformer, then open the panel and unplug the battery. Leave it powered down for a full 2 minutes. Then plug in the battery and close up the panel, followed by plugging in the wall transformer.

@Robert - I assume you are trying to update using a USB drive… I believe the drive needs to be set to the format of FAT32 and the file needs to be in the root folder. I’ve always just deleted everything on the USB drive and only had the firmware file on the drive.

What size USB drive are you using too?

@Robert – I assume you are trying to update using a USB drive… I believe the drive needs to be set to the format of FAT32 and the file needs to be in the root folder. I’ve always just deleted everything on the USB drive and only had the firmware file on the drive.

What size USB drive are you using too?

Also, be sure the USB drive does not have multiple partitions. It is definitely best to use an empty drive and just add the firmware file.

I’m using the same usb drive I did all the previous 2GIG firmware upgrades with. It is the only file on it. I think it is 4gb.

I got it to update. Figured out that the usb drive I have been using had some bad sectors on it. Thanks for you help!

Hooray! Glad you got it! :slight_smile: