2GIG GC3 V 3.1 Installation Programming Guide

Has 2GIG updated their GC3 Installation Programming Guide since firmware V 3.1 was released? There are some settings with the introduction of V 3.1 that I am stumbling on that I was not aware of.

For example: My internet was down for a while and I eventually received an alarm at the panel. However, I did not receive a message on my phone that this had occurred. I looked through the panel settings and found a few new panel programming questions that were added in relation to the Broadband Network.

One of the questions lets you set Broadband Network outage time in minutes before alarming you and another question allows you to enable or disable Broadband Network failure reports. The Broadband Network Failure reports defaults to disabled. I have since changed it to enabled.

This makes me wonder what else has been changed/added? If available, I would like to download an updated V 3.1 Installation Programming Guide. If not currently available, will you be posting access to the latest version when it becomes available?

Thank you

An updated manual is not available for download from 2GIG yet, but yes, when an updated version becomes available we are happy to post it.

Additional update details can be found here.

I decided to test the new Broadband Networking setting options to see how they work.

Findings: I did receive an alert at the panel but did not receive a text message from Alarm.com notifying me about a Broadband Network failure.

My GC3 new v3.1 question settings are as follows:

Q33 ==> Broadband network failure time, in minutes (0 - 255) set at “30 minutes”
Q34 ==> Broadband network failure causes trouble set as “Enabled”
Q35 ==> Broadband network failure reports set as “Enabled”

Since the Broadband Network failure reports question is set to enabled, I would think the Broadband network failure report would have been sent to Alarm.com through the radio network connection.

As such, it seems to me that Alarm.com may not be processing this new failure report?

I would think that Alarm.com should update its system to handle a Broadband network failure situation when the radio network is still working and a dual path down situation i.e. both the broadband and radio networks are down?

Do you knw if they are working on changes to support these two situations?

Thanks you

You are correct, there is currently no Broadband failure alert configurable on Alarm.com. See this post. Broadband backup alerts are local to the panel currently. We have requested this be added as a notification.

Primary down (or all down) results in notification.