2Gig Smoke/Heat detector endlessly reports low battery

I have a 2GIG-SMKT3-345 that endlessly reports low battery. I replaced the batteries and yet every few hours the panel beeps repeatedly to notify me of low battery on this sensor. The only other thread I saw similar to this issue was back in January when someone wanted to remove the sensor for this exact reason. The manual states that it requires “3 AAA Energizer E92 batteries (1.5 V1100mAh) or equivalent”. I have 3 Energizer cells installed fresh out of the package.

Should we expect that this sensor to only have a limited lifespan and then fails by reporting low battery conditions? This sensor is ~4 years old, however most smoke detectors in the market are specified for a 10-year lifespan. Why would this rather expensive detector fail prematurely?

So, I looked into this account and just want to confirm a few things:

1. Did you remove the SMKT3 from the panel? I do not see a smoke zone for an SMKT3 showing in Alarm.com. Looks like the Heat Detector zone is programmed still, and is not showing low battery. All zones of the SMKT3 should show low at the same time - this indicates there was likely a mix up if this is the same sensor.

2. You do have a smoke detector in Alarm.com showing as having a Low Battery - however that is programmed as a Firefighter ECFF345. That would be mounted near one of your existing interconnected smoke detectors. Looks like a Firefighter was indeed included in a previous related order. Double check which zone has the low battery locally.

3. You’ll want to leave the batteries out of the SMKT3 for a minute before re-inserting. If you remove one battery, put one in, remove another, put one in, or replace them too quickly after removal in general, that will not typically clear the status.