2GIG-Z-CT100 Thermostat & AC Unit Problems

Good Morning All!

I’m hoping someone can be of some assistance as I have quite the dilemma on my hands. I’ve got the 2GiG thermostat with the LCD display. Yesterday I turned off schedules from my phone and it has caused quite the issue with my unit. The unit will not turn off from my phone app nor the actual thermostat. Everything shows OFF but the unit is still pumping tons of air into my home. Yes, I checked the make sure FAN was set to AUTO and not ON in the app or thermostat. This unit is 8 months old and I’ve had no issues with it until turning schedules off. I’m not sure if maybe old schedules that were set with my Vivint account are now conflicting with schedules I created on my SuretyDIY account. Is there a way to reset this thermostat to factory and reconfigure it to my 2GIG panel?

The CT100 has a quick reset button under the top plastic cover where the wires connect. This will restart the Tstat. Does this resolve the issue?

While you have it open, make sure none of your wires are shorted, with bare wire touching each other.

I’m at work so I will try once I get home this afternoon. Right now I’ve got the unit turned off at the main source of power until I can further diagnose the issue. Hopefully it does not require a HVAC tech visit. Fingers are crossed .