3G or 4G LTE and Sensor Compatibility

I have a Vivint Go that was installed in 2013 and has been deactivated
I know I need the cell module replacement but I’m curious if the sensors will function after replacement
I have 15 window/door sensors, 3 smoke, 3 motion and 2 glass breaks

Replacing module on Vivint Go system and I have firmware upgrade cable
Curious of the difference in the 3g and 4 LTE VerIzon modules

I see price is a big difference but is one preferred over the other?

Thanks

If you are referring to the 2GIG Go!Control panel, your sensors would function as normal after swapping out the Cellular Module.

As far as the difference between 3G and 4G LTE, the benefits of the 4G LTE would depend on the equipment you have and intended use a bit.

LTE data speeds will cut latency some experienced with 3G modules, but if you have a Go!Bridge for dual path wifi, this is a non-issue.

If utilizing Image Sensors, images are only sent via cell, so they would always be impacted.

In general you are future-proofing the system by going with the LTE. As cellular networks reallocate resources there will eventually be a 3G sunset, so for new systems, going with LTE is the best idea as long as coverage in your area is solid.

Note that the LTE module will require firmware 1.17 to function.

We offer the 3G Verizon and 3G AT&T Modules as well as the 4G LTE Module in our storefront. You may also wish to use this Coverage Check Tool when making a decision on carrier.

One other question
I we go with monitored and there is an alarm does the owner get called before fire or police?

That is a good question and depends on the type of alarm signal that is sent. The Central Station default operating procedures can be found here.

In general, by default two contact methods will be attempted for burglary signals before dispatch. Two-Way Voice and the landline premise phone number count as contact methods toward this, but are not required. You can also add special instruction to your account so that additional numbers are dialed prior to dispatch for burglary signals.

For fire signals, only a landline phone or Two-Way Voice would be contacted prior to dispatch by default.