ADC-T2000 thermostat - what do you think?

I would love to hear some feedback from people who have used the ADC-T2000.

The pictures I have seen make it look like the ugliest thermostat out there? white lights on a white cover? Is it even legible? There’s no screen to it? Do you control it 99% through the mobile app with almost no direct/manual intervention with it?

The pictures I have seen make it look like the ugliest thermostat out there? white lights on a white cover? Is it even legible?

The thermostat is designed with more of an Apple aesthetic in mind. I actually prefer it to the Nest’s kitchen appliance look, but to avoid too much subjectivity I’ll just say yes, the display is fully legible.

You can view an installation video here, along with some demonstration of the display.

This thread on our forum is very similar, with user description of using the T2000 shortly around release, as well as suggestions on other Z-wave thermostat models. Note that discontinued models CT30, CT100, and GE-TSTAT300 can no longer be used with new accounts. See this post for more details.

There’s no screen to it? Do you control it 99% through the mobile app with almost no direct/manual intervention with it?

Correct, the more complicated control functions and scheduling are intended to be used from the App or website. It is a thermostat intended for use with Alarm.com service specifically. I would however say that 99% of most users’ local thermostat activity is adjustment to the mode or setpoint, both of which you can do with the paddle buttons along the right side.

I like it and it has worked well for me. You are correct, the display is pretty simple. You can change modes on it fairly easily and adjust temp as needed. But like Jason said, you do a majority of it through the app. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again.

I’m holding out for the ever-ellusive ADC-T3000 Smart"er" TStat. It’s only 6 months or so past it’s estimated birthdate. I know if I break down and buy 3 of the T2000’s, they will release the new one the day after I get them installed. lol

Any word on a release date (even rumors are welcomed)?

I know if I break down and buy 3 of the T2000’s, they will release the new one the day after I get them installed. lol

Any word on a release date (even rumors are welcomed)?

I know the feeling! I contacted ADC today and they have stated that there is no ETA quite yet, but as far as rumors go it sounds like there may be some steam and may be some testing going on. Hopefully that means soon. I would guess the soonest would be a month or two out, but likely a little more. Again that is a complete guess. It’s not uncommon for a product to drop without much of an advanced notice.

Any update on the new ADC thermostat? I am still holding off on purchasing three in case ADC ever releases the new one…

Testing is going on for the new model. No ETA yet, but should be sooner than later now.

What’s supposed to be better about the new models?

In addition to future feature support including HVAC safety and health monitoring, the ADC-T3000 will afford some more local controls, dual sets of paddle buttons, slimmer profile, dual accessory control terminals (Z terminals), etc. It also has a redesigned back mounting plate and terminal blocks which makes it much easier to manipulate and install the wiring.

Thanks Jason. Nothing I must have but nice to know they’re still innovating. I suppose though that means the teased firmware upgrade to the old units will never happen.

There was a while where the update was looking promising but I think the data transmission caused some thermostats to be borked on certain systems as we were able to try it a couple times, but it was pulled and we haven’t heard any progress in some time. I am not confident that it will be available.

Better safe than sorry I guess. I have recent experience with borked over the air updates :wink: