Add Motion Sensor to "Stay"

Hi:

My security company set up my system so I’m not really familiar with all of the settings on the Qolsys panel (although I was able to add a front door lock with help from this forum!).

Right now my 2nd floor motion sensor is only active during “Arm-Away”. I would like it to be active during “Arm-Stay” also. What do I do to add this function? Also, if we Arm-Stay and then want to manually disarm the motion so we can go upstairs, what is that process?

Thanks for the help!

S

Exact steps would depend on whether you have an original IQ Panel or an IQ Panel 2. Can you confirm which?

In either case you would need to use the installer code to enter programming and change the sensor group. Qolsys Panels use GE sensor groups, and there are existing Motion detector groups active in Stay and Away arming.

You would want to change the upstairs motion detector to Group 15 instead of Group 17. That would be all that is needed.

Also, if we Arm-Stay and then want to manually disarm the motion so we can go upstairs, what is that process?

You would not be able to selectively disarm individual sensors while the panel is armed. You would simply need to disarm the panel, then your could re-arm after returning downstairs or you could immediately re-arm bypassing the motion detector manually for that arming period. Exact steps would depend on the panel type.

Thank you. I have an IQ2. Going to give this a shot…

Ok. I did it but I’m confused about something. I had the choice of sensor group 15 (stay) or 17 (away) so I chose 15 as you instructed. But don’t I want both not one or the other? I can’t tell if the motion sensor is working when I arm on either.

But don’t I want both not one or the other? I can’t tell if the motion sensor is working when I arm on either.

Sensor Group 15 is active during Stay and Away mode.

No sensor group is active during Stay but not Away. There would not be a reason for this.

Ok. Thank you.

Glad we can help! For future reference I am attaching a description of the motion detector sensor groups supported by the IQ Panel 2. They describe how the sensor will function in those groups.

Perfect.