Adding Alarm.com Cloud Video

Looking to add outdoor video cameras to my alarm.com account. Sent a secure message and also called the monitoring service (who directed me to the forums here). How do I get the Alarm.com Cloud Video Level 1 service added to my account?

Central Station operators do not make changes to service plans, however you’ve already come to the right place! Any change request can be made by submitting a secure message to our team. If you have already sent one, a team member from suretyDIY will be processing your request shortly. Once completed, you will receive a confirmation email. If any additional information is required to process the request, you will also be notified via email.

Note that account change requests are processed during business hours Monday through Friday.

Do I need to have Alarm.com Cloud Video Level 1 added to my account before setting up and installing the cameras or only before operating the cameras on the service?

Also – can you direct me to the link where you provision the cameras on the camera itself? Thx.

For ease of setup, physical installation of the camera should be done after including it in your Alarm.com account.

(BTW, it looks like email confirmation was sent regarding this request about 20 minutes ago, you’ll likely need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to view the changes)

Also — can you direct me to the link where you provision the cameras on the camera itself?

Alarm.com cameras are not accessed directly by their ip in a browser.

To set up an Alarm.com camera, login to the Alarm.com website and navigate to the Video Tab. From there you can add cameras to your account.

To manage the settings of cameras once they are connected, navigate to the Video Device Settings page. Here you can select between Wifi settings, saved video settings, video motion detection, etc.

I thought you have to give the camera itself access to your home WiFi network before adding it to my Alarm.com account. That means selecting the SSID and entering the password into the camera itself for it to (1) connect to your network and (2) to provide the video service over that SSID. Is that right?

No, if it is a wifi model, cameras are either connected via WPS (Wifi Protected Setup) or connected temporarily via a patch cable directly to your router, depending on the model.

I would generally recommend temporarily connecting via a patch cable if possible. Wifi settings can then be set in your Alarm.com account.

What model of camera are you currently adding?

Ah, nevermind, it sounds like you are setting up one of the new models of camera, is it a 722W?

If so, yes you can set it up via Access Point mode, the instructions for which are below:

1 Connect the camera’s AC power adapter and plug it into a nonswitched
outlet.
2 Hold down the WPS button and release when the LED begins to
flash white (about 6 seconds).
3 On an Internet enabled device, connect to the wireless network
“ALARM (XX:XX:XX)” where XX:XX:XX is the last six digits
of the ADC-V722W’s MAC address, which is located on the
back of the ADC-V722W.
4 On the same device, open a web browser and enter
http://722winstall” in the URL field. Follow the on-screen
instructions to add the ADC-V722W to the wireless network. The
LED will be solid green when the connection is complete.
5 Add the device to the account by using a web browser and entering the following
URL: www.alarm.com/addcamera
6 Select the camera from the video device list or type in its MAC
address to begin adding the camera. The camera’s MAC address is
located on the back of the camera.
7 Follow the on-screen instructions to finish adding the camera.
You may configure camera settings from the User Website.