Alexa & 2 Step Verification

I have linked Alarm.com with Alexa. When I try to send a command, it says Error Sending Command and I get a 2 Step Verification SMS.

Are you selecting “Yes” when the two factor authentication message is sent? This would indicate it is a trusted device.

It’s a text giving me a code. It specifically tells me to not reply to the message.

If you login to Alarm.com and go to Profile - Login Info, do you see a new device which needs to be authenticated?

No, it shows Amazon Alexa as a connected device under the Two Step Authentication tab.

Curious, did you go through the authentication process with a code at all first, or did it immediately show up? If you select the edit button next to Amazon Alexa under 2 factor authentication, does it give you an option to enter a code or just change device name?

When I re-linked it today, it asked for a code during linking. Now when I click Edit it only lets me edit name.

I would try deleting it as a trusted device using the trash icon to the right and then try entering the new code sent when it is requested. Any change?

I did that and it still sent message, but now Amazon Alexa isn’t showing up under the Two Factor Authentication page to input a code.

Have you not seen that device show up yet? You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to see the change.

My echo also doesn’t show up under two factor auth. Is the echo compatible with alarm.com 2 factor auth yet?

I’m actually hearing confirmation from ADC techs that the Echo is not compatible with 2-factor authentication at this time. It sounds like they are looking into it, but it should not be expected to function currently.

So I can assume the latest post at https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/alarm-com-amazon-echo-integration/page/8/#post-130575 is incorrect?

So I can assume the latest post at https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/alarm-com-amazon-echo-integration/page/8/#post-130575 is incorrect?

No. Note this thread is a year old.

The information in the thread you linked, here, is correct. 2 factor authentication is now compatible with Alexa.

I can confirm that the Alarm.com main skill works, the Alarm.com Smart Home skill (for using ZWae Devices with Alexa natively) does not seem to work yet with two-factor authentication.