Alexa Commands for lights

I have 2 lights named 'Kitchen Island" and “Kitchen Chandelier”, Alexa cuts both of them off/on at same time with I ask Alarm.com to turn off/on ‘lights’ but wont wont recognize them if I say Island and Chandelier. How do I uniquely control individual lights with Alexa?
Thanks!

Its seems like they both get categorized as ‘Light’ and both tied together in them category without being about to separate them.

When giving voice commands, you will need to identify the light by its full name plus light.

However, the issue in this case is that the lights are not named in Alarm.com.

Note that Z-wave device names will not be synced with the alarm panel. You can rename the devices by logging into Alarm.com and selecting Settings > Devices > Automation Devices.

The Alarm.com name is what you will need to use with Alexa.

Does ‘light’ have to be written in the assigned full name or something I just include after saying the device full name. See attachment to how how enter the name and what application I entered it on. Thanks!

1 Like

You’ll want to just get rid of the (ID:#) at the end of the Alarm.com name. Name the devices what you would naturally call them.

You do not need to type “Light” in the name, it is recognized as a light based on the device type and you just add that when giving an Alexa command.

OK thanks…you are awesome!!