Automation Questions Z-wave Thermostat and Garage

I have a couple GC-TBZ48s that I’ll be adding to my system soon. Do you add them to the account after I enroll them as Z-Wave devices or before?

Also I have no idea why I see the Garage Malfunction error. I tested everything and it seems to work find.

Thanks!

I have a couple GC-TBZ48s that I’ll be adding to my system soon. Do you add them to the account after I enroll them as Z-Wave devices or before?

As long as you are a suretyDIY Interactive Gold subscriber, your compatible Z-wave devices will automatically populate in your device list on Alarm.com after installation. There may be a delay between adding them and the panel updating Alarm.com with these details. Make sure to run a Network Rediscovery after adding any new Z-wave devices.

Also I have no idea why I see the Garage Malfunction error. I tested everything and it seems to work find.

The malfunction here is on the garage door for a MyQ system. The Gateway does not show an error.

This means in about 99% of cases that this is a Wifi Universal MyQ hub, and the malfunction is relating to the door tilt sensor which tells the hub the door status. This typically just means the battery is too low to function properly. Replace the battery on the door tilt sensor. Does this resolve the malfunction?