Best lock for use with IQ2?

Looking for a smart deadbolt for my front door. Is there one that works well with the IQ2 that people like?

Thanks!

This page goes over the devices which are compatible with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2. All the compatible locks can be found scrolling down that page.

The only locks we would recommend not using would be the Kwikset 910/912 as they only use five buttons, severely limiting the possible code combinations.

Thanks!

I picked up a zwave lock. However, I don’t have a manual for my IQ2. How do I add the lock and set it up so the system disarms when I unlock it?

The path to pair a z-wave device on the IQ Panel 2 would be:
Settings-> Advanced Settings -Installer Code-> Installation ->Devices -> Z-Wave Devices. This video will show the process.

You’ll want to clear the lock first (using the add/remove method in the lock’s manual) as it was likely learned into a z-wave network at the factory. Once cleared you will then add the lock. Be sure to bring the panel within about 3-5 feet from the lock to ensure the pairing process completes. When done you will want to run a network rediscovery to ensure the z-wave network has the optimum communication path.

Once the lock has been learned in you can create a rule in Alarm.com to disarm the panel when the lock is unlocked. From the web page you’ll want Automation -> Rules -> add event triggered rule -> automate the lock when the panel is disarmed/armed

Thank you so much. Getting installed tomorrow. This is very helpful.

This worked perfectly. Thanks!!