Buying GC3 questions

Hello,
I want to upgrade my GC2 to a GC3 and move to DIY Gold monitoring but had a few questions. If I purchase the GC3 from Surety, is the 2GIG-LTEV-A-GC# available yet?
If purchasing a system through Surety, is shipping free?
If I have a non-installed Wink Hub 2, is it best to install it prior to installing the GC3? (From what I read on the forums I need to use the GC3 as a secondary controller so I was assuming the Wink Hub 2 would need to be installed first.)

Thanks,
Marty

is the 2GIG-LTEV-A-GC# available yet?

The 2GIG-LTEV-A-GC3 is not available quite yet, no. We do anticipate it being available soon though as the GC2 version was made available recently.

If purchasing a system through Surety, is shipping free?

No, shipping options are available at checkout.

If I have a non-installed Wink Hub 2, is it best to install it prior to installing the GC3? (From what I read on the forums I need to use the GC3 as a secondary controller so I was assuming the Wink Hub 2 would need to be installed first.)

If you intend to use the GC3 as a secondary controller and use the Wink Hub, you will want to learn all of your Z-wave devices into the Wink Hub first for the easiest process, so yes you can set up the wink hub any time prior. The GC3 is then just learned in as the secondary afterward and the device list is shared with it. ADC then will populate compatible devices.

Thanks for the help Warren!!! Let me ask a follow up question. Is it worth it to wait for the LTE radio? Reason I’m asking is because with the latest GC3 firmware, I’m assuming 2 way to Alarm.com via wifi would be opened soon. Also I’m not running any video through my system at the moment. So with that being said would waiting for the LTE antenna still be preferable?

Thanks again,
Marty

I’m assuming 2 way to Alarm.com via wifi would be opened soon

Happy to help! Just to clarify, do you mean dual path? 2-Way typically refers to 2-Way Voice.

Dual Path, as in two communication paths for outbound and inbound signals, would require the upcoming 3.1 update. Dual Path should be available then or shortly after. It sounds like that is slated for release within about a month.

So with that being said would waiting for the LTE antenna still be preferable?

The LTE sled would be future-proofing the cellular connection a bit. However this would be largely a decision to make based on system needs as the sleds are modular and can be easily replaced later.

If I’m going to be swapping from my GC2 to the GC3, should I jot down of all the sensor settings before I pull the plug on the GC2? Just trying to make life easier when I install the GC3. Also, the majority of the zones will be via the existing 2gig Takeover module. I’m hoping wiring in the back of the GC2 will be very similar to the GC3.

Also, I have an existing login to alarm.com from a service provider which is ending in June. I will be signing up for the SuretyDIY 27.95 monitoring today or tomorrow, will I be given or will I need to create a new Alarm.com username or can the current one be used?

Thanks again,
Marty

If I’m going to be swapping from my GC2 to the GC3, should I jot down of all the sensor settings before I pull the plug on the GC2? Just trying to make life easier when I install the GC3. Also, the majority of the zones will be via the existing 2gig Takeover module. I’m hoping wiring in the back of the GC2 will be very similar to the GC3.

Yes, zone programming for the GC3 is pretty much one for one with the GC2, aside from some updated terms (Transmission Delay instead of Dialer Delay, etc.)

Programming can be done quickly regardless if you know where all your sensors are, but if you can note your existing zones first it’ll be even easier.

Also, I have an existing login to alarm.com from a service provider which is ending in June. I will be signing up for the SuretyDIY 27.95 monitoring today or tomorrow, will I be given or will I need to create a new Alarm.com username or can the current one be used?

Signing up with suretyDIY would result in a new Alarm.com account, and when you make the purchase you will be directed to fill out a survey collecting the necessary details for account creation, including desired username. If it is still in use at that time it may be unavailable during setup, but you can change your username in Alarm.com anytime later.

Everything looks like I’m in good shape. My Z-wave devices show up on the wink and on the GC3, how do I have my devices pull up on my Alarm.com account?

Thanks again,
Marty

Typically it just takes a little time for the devices to be sent by the panel, but I’ve requested an updated device list for you. Looks like a lot of devices showed up. You may need to log out and log back into Alarm.com to see the new devices.

Thanks Jason!!! Thanks for the super quick response and fix!

Good Morning Team…I just added what I believe is my final Z-wave Switch (unless there is a 50% off sale on GE Switches haha) But can you refresh my devices on Alarm.com so that switch shows up? Also, reading Tyler’s post on Sensor Name Change, can you update the sensor names for my Central Station account. I believe I may have changed a name or two and not sure I notified you guys.
Thanks again,
Marty

We’ve sent some commands to sync equipment. Unfortunately it looks like there are some intermittent signaling concerns. Those commands have not yet been acknowledged by the panel.

Where is the panel located? Are there any large metal objects nearby? Is it fixed to a wall or has it been moved around recently?

Hey Warren,
I confirmed that the new device shows up on Alarm.com…to the other issue, the panel is fixed on the wall with no metal objects around. I just think I have bad cell signal in my area. When I look at the Radio Status, I’ve always been either 1/6 to 2/6 in Signal Strength. But every time I run the signal test it always resulted in success. I have the At&t module installed just cause At&t is my cell provider. I wish there was a way I could test if the Verizon module would give me a stronger signal. When my GC2 was installed I believe my signal was also weak and it utilized the T-Mobile network. Any suggestions?

This may be out of your realm, but I have an old AT&T Microcell. Possible to hook it up and list the phone number associated with my module to get a better dedicated 3G signal???

I have an old AT&T Microcell. Possible to hook it up and list the phone number associated with my module to get a better dedicated 3G signal???

AT&T network extenders filter devices and I believe only allow retail phones/tablets to connect. When trying to add the appropriate phone number for a panel cell module, AT&T extenders will deny the addition.

This is possible with Verizon network extenders and a Verizon cell module.

It looks like all carriers report full coverage in your general area.

It looks like the panel is running launch firmware, so it would be good to update firmware and reboot the panel as a test.

Hey Warren…I’ll get on that update and see if it works. Hardest part is not updating firmware but finding a USB Drive lol. I’ll keep you posted.