Bypass zones with Qolysys or 2GIG

Hello,

Coming from a Honeywell Vista 20p, functional, with lots of hardwired windows/doors. I have many options with TC or using the alarm.com product to interface the 20p to their service. However, I want to “modernize” the alarm (panels) and see I can to that while preserving the wired contacts on all of my openings (BTW, most of the DIY alarm companies will not monitor my home as they say their “policy” is to not take on wired systems if older than 10 years - I assume it is due to DIY challenges of wired approaches). Anyway, one thing that is a somewhat common occurrence is a window upstairs being opened (and left opened) from time to time from the night before). We are leaving the home and go to set the alarm from the panel, but the 20p is in fault mode due to an open contact. Instead of walking all the way upstairs to close the windows (like going out for an hour or two vs. leaving for the weekend), we might just bypass the fault, set the alarm and leave. Pretty straight forward sequence on the keyboard (for a Honeywell 20p type system).

Can a zone be bypassed in a similar fashion from either the Qolsys or 2GIG system (assume latest) and from the alarm.com app? Any videos or docs on what that routine looks like (from a user perspective).

Thanks!!

(BTW, most of the DIY alarm companies will not monitor my home as they say their “policy” is to not take on wired systems if older than 10 years – I assume it is due to DIY challenges of wired approaches).

Using an older wired system does leave open the possibility for more hands-on troubleshooting requirements, but there is nothing wrong with using them, in fact we typically recommend it as it is an easy way to lower cost of upgrading the system, and wired contacts are usually very reliable.

suretyDIY technical support reps here on the forum are experienced security system installers and we can help suggest troubleshooting steps if you need any help with those zones.

Can a zone be bypassed in a similar fashion from either the Qolsys or 2GIG system (assume latest) and from the alarm.com app? Any videos or docs on what that routine looks like (from a user perspective).

Yes, both the 2GIG and Qolsys panel will show currently open zones on the home page, as well as prompt and allow you to bypass those zones from the home screen prior to arming.

Bypass instructions can be found in the respective guides. Here is the GC3 Guide (page 11). Here is the IQ Panel 2 Guide (page 6).

From Alarm.com, if there is currently an open zone when you send a remote arming command, those open zones are automatically force-bypassed so that the arming takes effect.

Great feedback - and interesting approach from how alarm.com app handles this scenario, which I like. I have a family member who has the alarm.com in use with a 2GIG system – I am going to test the experience of this. -thx