Camera Setup Issues

hello, i would like to know the following please:

we had installed 4 of the
Wireless Infrared Camera (ADC-V722W)

and they seem not to be working since installed, nor do the installers and company know how to properly set these up.

also can they be hard wired to the ethernet, because the signal strength is horrible. I have a router 6 feet from one camera and it shows the strength at 40%. and it buffers a lot.

im so confused, they keep telling me its the settings and windows for motion capture etc, but I’m lost. and the wifi is upgraded there is awesome levels around the house but the cams are not showing it.

any help is appreciated,

also can they be hard wired to the ethernet, because the signal strength is horrible

No, the ADC-V722W is connected via wifi only. Setup occurs through WPS or Access Point mode on the camera.

I have a router 6 feet from one camera and it shows the strength at 40%

Are you using the 5 Ghz network or the 2.4? I would recommend trying to set a unique SSID and password for the 2.4 Ghz network and connect the cam to that network. 5 Ghz range is far shorter and the effect of construction can be extreme depending on the materials.

Does the 2.4 network result in a better signal?

Are the cameras mounted on metal or do you have a metal roof?

Skip posted for me above, now its me. yes they set it on the 5G network because it has the stronger signal when scanned. and it does have a unique SSID and password for that router. as well only 3 out of four cams are on it nothing else, basically to extend the wireless. It is located 5 feet below the camera , a huge window in between. Regular house construction no metal around. It shows full signal strength for both networks when i use the scan feature. but only 40-46% strength when clicking on the signal strentgh in the settings and buffers. ???

I would double/triple check to make sure the 5Ghz SSID the cameras are connecting to is not used by another router/access point.

The signal you are seeing may be explained by the cameras jumping to a further access point due to it having the same SSID. We have seen this issue fairly frequently.

Beyond that, what security type are you choosing?
Do you manually set the wifi channels? Make sure they do not overlap.
Does the router have external antenna? Check if they are loose.
Is it signal strength which shows low or is it signal quality? Those are two separate stats visible to your dealer.

Hi Warren, well as far as I know the one camera in question is connecting to only 1 point. and the SSID is unique to that router.

the security type says its AES-WPA2 thats the same for both the main wifi and for the router extender. The router extender is brand spanking new, so no loose antennas.

The security company set them up so as for the channels I dont know.
strentgh is the one that shows low

when he was setting it up, both the 5G and 2.4G were both pretty low when scanned, but the meter shows full from same router.
Im still lost.

If there are multiple cameras and some are working properly, have you tried swapping the location of a working camera with the one causing trouble? This should pretty effectively confirm whether or not you have an environmental/signal issue or a problem with that specific camera.