cancelling w/existing alarm.com provider

Hi team - I had a friend purchase a new XTi-5 system from another provider at significant discount by establishing service (paid by month). They don’t offer central station monitoring in our state and I’d like to move them here. As this isn’t my system and my friend isn’t as savvy, I want to ensure I instruct them to perform steps in the easiest way to move. Are there any specific steps or terms that should be used when they cancel with their existing provider? Will there be any issue with them using the same alarm.com email/login?

Thanks!

We cannot speak for another provider’s policies, but the primary importance is having an unregistered cellular module, as that is what connects your panel to an account.

You can check the cellular module number here to verify whether it has been unregistered upon cancellation.

As long as they have an unregistered module, all they would need to do is purchase a service subscription.

Setting up service with suretyDIY would result in a brand new Alarm.com account, as long as the prior account was cancelled the same login name can be used to create this one, and email is not limited.

Usernames can also be edited at any time after initially signing into your Alarm.com account.