Cant add Doorbell Camera

I have level 1 Video, which supports 4 video devices. I have 1 Doorbell and 1 Indoor ADC camera, for a total of 2 cameras. I am trying to add a 3rd device (an add’l Doorbell), but the add video icon on ADC app is gone. As Doorbells cant be added from ADC site, I am unable to add one myself. Can someone help me to get this working? Thanks in advance. I have already sent a secure message yesterday (Sat), and would really like to get this done before Monday.

Thanks in advance…

I was able to add the 2nd Doorbell, but now all my saved clips are gone from my front Doorbell? Does adding a 2nd Doorbell delete all saved clips on an acct? I’m scratching my head here…

Yes, you can find an option to add doorbell cameras under the configuration settings menu for doorbell cameras.

I was able to add the 2nd Doorbell, but now all my saved clips are gone from my front Doorbell? Does adding a 2nd Doorbell delete all saved clips on an acct? I’m scratching my head here…

No. In fact I see a number of previous saved clips listed for the doorbell. You can view all saved clips, including doorbell cams, on the website. Do you still see this issue? Try logging out and logging back in. Also check the filter you are using to display saved clips. (The icon with 4 lines in top right)

The filter is set to all cameras, last 50 clips. However the app only shows one days worth of clips for the new doorbell <back>. The website shows clips, but I rarely use the website, I always use the app to see who came when etc. Do you have any other suggestions as to why the app won’t allow me to view my saved clips?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have any other suggestions as to why the app won’t allow me to view my saved clips?

If you have selected all cameras and last 50 clips, you should be good.

What type of mobile device are you using?

When was the last clip recorded from the doorbell which does not show its clips? Try capturing a new recording, does that populate?

What type of mobile device are you using?

I am using an iPhone 7Plus w/latest ADC app. The app worked perfect and had all of my videos before I started the 2nd doorbell installation Sunday.

When was the last clip recorded from the doorbell which does not show its clips? Try capturing a new recording, does that populate?

I can login to ADC site and see all of them, but the app will only show my 2nd doorbell camera saved clips. I have verified recording schedules, and filters, but they all appear to be missing. Its as if the ADC app no longer has access to those clips. Both are verified working, both push button and motion detection. I can initiate a live feed on both cameras as well. Are there additional steps required to have 2 doorbells on a single account?

If the device has malfunctioned somehow, would that affect the cloud storage saved clips? Just trying to think of possible solutions…

Are there additional steps required to have 2 doorbells on a single account?

If the device has malfunctioned somehow, would that affect the cloud storage saved clips? Just trying to think of possible solutions…

No, there should be nothing else causing this error. Alarm.com is currently testing to see if they can recreate with the iPhone app using two doorbells.

If you are unable to view newly recorded videos from the first doorbell cam when selecting all cams it is likely a bug. Are you able to filter just for that cam and see saved clips?

I recently added a 2nd doorbell camera to my system. After 1 day I have noticed all my saved clips from my original doorbell are gone on the app. If i login to ADC site I can see them, but the app will not show ANY saved clips from the 1st (front) DBC. I have went and triggered add’l clips, and it will not upload them. I am at 6 out of 1000 clips, so I am not at my limit. It seems as if the ADC app will only show 1 cameras saved clips, which is the newest one. I have contacted my provider, who wasnt sure what the issue is. I have logged out, verified recording schedules, and rebooted the device. I am able to start a live view w/video+audio. I have also checked on other devices, and have the same issue. Can you offer any suggestions as to how I can view both cameras saved clips on my ADC app? Thanks

I have went and triggered add’l clips, and it will not upload them. I am at 6 out of 1000 clips, so I am not at my limit. It seems as if the ADC app will only show 1 cameras saved clips, which is the newest one. I have contacted my provider, who wasnt sure what the issue is.

Looks like this was sent as a ticket in ADC? Note that these are sent to suretyDIY.

So the Front Doorbell is not uploading new clips when you trigger recording schedules? That is a separate symptom than what was previously discussed. Older videos not populating in the app, but visible in the website does not imply the same errors.

I do see a few Front Doorbell triggers in history last night, but no corresponding saved clips at the moment on the website. To clarify, these new clips were never produced and are not available on the website either? Or did you possibly delete them?

If they never were saved, let’s try deleting both recording schedules for that first Doorbell on the Alarm.com website under Video - Recording Schedules, wait a few minutes, then recreate the schedules. Wait a few minutes then try the front doorbell button.

Are you able to filter just for that cam and see saved clips?

I have tried this and it won’t show any clips at all if filtered to front camera.

Looks like this was sent as a ticket in ADC? Note that these are sent to suretyDIY.

Damn skippy! Their ticket creation page said it was 50/50% chance that surety or alarm.com would help resolve my issue, so I rolled the dice. I had taken up enough of your time on this issue, and as it was 7pm i assumed you had retired for the night. I do appreciate all your help. But my Papaw always said you get more work done with 4 hands than one.

Yes there is another issue now. I still can’t see my old clips in app, as well as get old camera to record new ones. But i think these are related somehow. Im not sure how yet. But i didnt want to burden you with add’l issues until we can resolve the first one.

Yes I triggered the front Doorbell while testing last night…and you are Correct, these clips were not produced, are not on website, and were not deleted.

All suretyDIY tech support is performed through our forum. For the fastest response please follow up here. Sensitive info can be sent via ticket or via our secure message tool here if needed. We communicate with Alarm.com on these issues. As above, the original issue was discussed with Alarm.com and testing is being done currently. This will need to be updated with the new symptom of new clips not being saved.

Unfortunately what you are seeing is likely a bug. An easy way to try and recreate the circumstance and test if only the latest doorbell clips show in the iPhone app would be to delete the Front Doorbell from the account and re-add it. Does that knock the Back doorbell saved clips off of the Saved Clips page?

It looks like both of these are the Slimline Doorbell, correct? Those have different firmware that the HD so we want to be sure to test the right model.

I had taken up enough of your time on this issue

We are here to help with these issues, no worries.

It looks like both of these are the Slimline Doorbell, correct? Those have different firmware that the HD so we want to be sure to test the right model.

Yes they are both slimline’s with newest 3038 firmware.

I just deleted front camera, and am re-adding it now.

After deleting front camera and reinstalling it, the problem persists. After deleting back camera, which is the new one, I now have front camera recording clips again, yet still can’t see all previous clips.

Did ADC offer any solutions yet? Or is this a process that will take some time for them to try to replicate it?

I believe there is some coincidental nature to the issues you are seeing - in fact two separate issues are likely.

After digging through all the command history I noticed something a little odd. The Front Doorbell does not seem to begin failing clip recording when you added the back doorbell, but likely before.

Have you deleted any clips from the front doorbell? The latest saved clip is listed for 12/6, but there were recording schedule triggers between then and now, meaning recordings were either all deleted or failed.

ADC suggested that this is likely a separate issue - they’ve noticed some concerns with recording schedules on the Slimline and a power cycle of the doorbell cam usually resolves it.

Did you factory default the Front Doorbell before re-learning it?

After deleting back camera, which is the new one, I now have front camera recording clips again, yet still can’t see all previous clips.

To be absolutely certain whether there is a direct correlation or impact, can you verify that a clip from the front will record, then immediately re-add the back doorbell? Does the front doorbell start failing clips again immediately?

If this is an unknown issue, it is generally something that would require time to test. I’m told if all else fails there is a beta firmware version which may help, but it is a beta version and so should only be applied at risk. There is not a timeline yet on release.

After deleting both cameras and all clips, it is back to working normally.

Thanks for all your help Jason.

Great news, thanks for following up!

Jason, the problem is back. Out of the blue, neither of my doorbell cameras are recording for over 13 days now. I am not at my limit for cloud recording, and both have just stopped. I can connect live, and still receive motion and push notifications from them, but no longer are recording. My saved clips stop on Tuesday the 13th. Did Alarm.com ever replicate this issue they were testing last month when this issue first presented?

I really dont want to have to delete and re-add these monthly everytime this occurs. I know this isnt a Surety issue, but I am at a loss to why this keeps occurring.

Thanks in advance…

Alarm.com is aware of an issue with Slimline doorbells and firmware was being worked on to resolve at last update. It looks like a new firmware update is available now actually, but your cams have not had it applied. You can see this and update the firmware by logging into Alarm.com and navigating to Settings > Video Device Info. Select the cam you want from the drop down.

I would suggest updating firmware, wait 20 minutes, then just power cycle the doorbell cams. Does this help?