Central Station Voice Level too LOUD!

Equipment - 2GIG-CNTRL2 with 1.14.02 firmware.

The other day I entered the wrong door first, (no delay), and the system went into alarm mode, as it should. Suretydiy came on line verbally but at such a high level it was very difficult to understand them. I could only guess at what they would be asking me and gave name and pass code, and all was good.

I have no problem with “loud and clear” but this was not clear. It sounded as if the amplifier was driven into clipping or the speaker just could not handle the power, or both. This has occurred in the past and it was certainly loud but at least it was clear. I do not think there is an issue with the unit other than just more audio level than it can handle.

I know there is a brightness/volume screen, but suspect this is only for chime levels.

Any ideas other than to just tell the Central Station to back down the Audio?

Two way voice audio on the Go!Control Panel is noticeably louder than most other panels, and it will come on with a decent level of ambient static. Volume on the Panel side is a set level. There typically shouldn’t be audio cutting out.

This is something you’ll want to test again on the local system to see if it re-occurs. We’ll test on a couple systems here as well. You can place your account on 2-Way Test Mode with the central station by calling 855-348-0367. Be sure to specify 2-Way test mode, as normal test mode they do not respond to 2-Way calls.

In test mode the priority will be lower so it may take a little longer to activate.

Mine is the same way. I saw on another post there is no way to change the volume. Mine is so loud it leaves my ears ringing afterwards. Since the volume can’t be changed is there a way to have them call your phone instead of using the two way?

Since the volume can’t be changed is there a way to have them call your phone instead of using the two way?

Two Way Voice is optional on all suretyDIY Gold Interactive accounts with Monitoring.

If you would like to remove Two Way Voice, you can send a secure message request to do so here.