Concord 4 Interlogix module issue

I just recently switched to surety and my z wave network has crashed. I requested a network rediscovery today but that didn’t resolve my issues. I was going to delete every node and re-build but my module doesn’t seem to want to work with me. It will go into include mode as well as exclude however, the module will not recognize any devices in either scenario to proceed. I have even brought 1 module directly to the unit but still no progress. I do get a 5 blink error on L5 after the module exits include or exclude mode. Nothing from L1, L2 blinks once intermittently, nothing on L3, L4 blinks intermittently 1 blink. L2 and L4 seem to blink opposite from one another. Any suggestions?

I do get a 5 blink error on L5 after the module exits include or exclude mode.

This indicates a Learn mode error - The module failed to add in a device to the ZWave network.

L2 blinks once intermittently

L2 flashes with every communication between the module and the panel. If it is solid and the gives 1 flash this would be because of an Add node attempt failed because node already in a network.

L4 blinks intermittently 1 blink.

L4 indicates the CDMA signal level as a number of flashes (0 to 5 bars) one flash for each level.

Try deleting one Z-Wave device from the network via the method below:

-Press and hold the button on the module.
-Release the button once the L2 LED ashes in groups of four.
-Press and hold the button on the module a second time.
-Release the button once the L2 LED ashes in groups of two.
-Trigger a device to erase its network data and delete it from the network.
-When a device is deleted successfully, L2 will go solid for 60 seconds and the keypad will beep.
-It is required to re-enter Delete Mode before triggering the next device.

Does it remove successfully? If so try adding it back in via the method below:

-Press and hold the red button on the module, and watch the L5 LED (or L2 LED on firmware lower than 187a).
-Release the button once the L5 LED (or L2 LED on firmware lower than 187a) or flashes in a 4-flash pattern.
-Trigger a device to add it to the network.
-When a device is added successfully, the L5 LED (or L2 LED on firmware lower than 187a) will remain solid for 60 seconds and the panel will beep.
-It is required to re-enter Add Mode before triggering the next device, which cannot be done until the L5 LED (or L2 LED on firmware lower than 187a) turns off.

Any Change?

I do notice that your modules firmware is listed as 170 which would cause a compatibility issue with the Garage Z-Wave device as that devices requires FW 183 to be compatible.

Additionally, I notice that you have a CT30 Z-Wave Thermostat. This will not work with Alarm.com due to recent changes as Alarm.com has chosen to end support for that device. More information can be found here.

Thanks for the update on the thermostat! I wasn’t aware of that change.

In regard to the firmware version, is that something that’s updatable?

Also, no change with the z-wave controller. I cannot get it to remove any of my devices at all.

In regard to the firmware version, is that something that’s updatable?

The only way to obtain newer firmware on a Concord 4 module would be to replace the module unfortunately.

Also, no change with the z-wave controller. I cannot get it to remove any of my devices at all.

I’m actually seeing another controller in your Z-wave device list. Are you trying to use the Concord Panel as a secondary controller?

To re-pair all devices you would in that case need to remove the Concord from the primary controller and re-link those two controllers. You would not be able to remove devices with a secondary controller in the network.

Replacing the module makes me lean further toward replacing and upgrading the system all together lol.

I do have another z-wave controller but I am pretty sure it is a secondary controller. It was added a long time ago and I believe the concord remained the primary. I have used the controller to add devices in the past as well as control various lights on occasion and my thermostat. I just tried to delete a device with it and the remote reported success but the concord didn’t beep and confirm that the device was deleted as it usually would. I had tried to delete the thermostat earlier with the remote and it reported a failure multiple times. I have always used the concord to delete a device in the past with success.

I just tried to delete a device with it and the remote reported success

Is this remote the additional Z-Wave controller?

To better assist, can you provide the make/model of the additional Z-Wave controller?

It’s a GE 45601 controller

Would you mind if we sent a couple reboot commands to the module for troubleshooting?

Sure, that’s OK!

We sent a couple commands to the module and it looks like it has successfully rebooted. Can you try removing a switch device close by the panel module? Just in case, as clarification, it is the module itself that has the Z-wave radio, not the keypads.

Cool, thanks! I will try to remove one on Sunday when I return home and report back.

Ok, so I tried to delete one of my light modules yesterday without success. Today I decided to try adding in a zwave deadbolt I’ve had which used to be connected to the network but had been removed some time ago. The controller added the lock without any issues. I think maybe the controller is having an issue with removing devices possibly. I just tried to put it into delete mode but couldn’t get it to enter into it. I’m not sure what the issue is. Tyler mentioned previously that the current firmware version I have would have compatibility issues with my garage controller… I happen to have another module that has the FW version 183 that I proactively bought prior to me cancelling with CPI. Would it be ok to just swap them out and rebuild my zwave network with the new controller module?

I happen to have another module that has the FW version 183 that I proactively bought prior to me cancelling with CPI. Would it be ok to just swap them out and rebuild my zwave network with the new controller module?

Yes, you could swap the module but would need to submit a module swap request to our team via secure message here with the new module id number so we could associate it with your account. Swaps are performed during business hours M-F. After the number has been swapped your new module would be ready to communicate with ADC.

Awesome. I’m going to do that instead this afternoon. I will submit the swap request via secure message. Can I simply swap the zwave card on the communication module or do I need to swap out the whole thing, and if I do have to swap the whole thing is there anything I need to do/update in the concord 4 programming?

Also, is there a way for me to know what the latest firmware versions are for the verizon zwave controller and learn about possible compatibility issues like Tyler mentioned previously?

Awesome. I’m going to do that instead this afternoon. I will submit the swap request via secure message. Can I simply swap the zwave card on the communication module or do I need to swap out the whole thing, and if I do have to swap the whole thing is there anything I need to do/update in the concord 4 programming?

You must swap the entire module.

There is no programming that needs altered, but the panel should be fully powered down while removing and reinstalling the module.

Also, is there a way for me to know what the latest firmware versions are for the verizon zwave controller and learn about possible compatibility issues like Tyler mentioned previously?

The latest version requirements are for v185+ I believe, so they would not be compatible with the 183 model, but I only know of the August Smart Lock Pro being made compatible with that version.

Alright, so I removed the power from my system and disconnected the battery. I replaced the entire module, then reconnected the battery and the power. I initiated a communication test (8, installer code, 3; then 1, installer code). I am now getting a “bus failure unit 3” error on the keypad. I sent a message to update the IMEI number on my account and got the reply that this was completed. I initiated another comm test but I am still getting the “bus failure unit 3” error. Did I miss a step or do something incorrectly?

Looks like the new module is communicating properly, so you are fine there.

Bus Devices are scanned upon power up of the panel. How many bus devices do you have? (Keypads plus expansion modules plus cellular module) It is likely the panel was still looking for the prior module. Does the panel still show the same error?

You can manually delete a bus device under System Configuration > Accessory Modules > Bus Device Settings

To delete learned unit numbers:

1. With the display showing BUS DEVICES, press #. The display
    shows the bus device set to unit number 0.
  2. Press A or B until the bus device unit number you want to delete is
    displayed.
  3. Press D. The display changes the unit number to None.

Yes, the panel still shows the same error. It looks like I have 4. 2 keypads, the communication module and apparently something else. I’m assuming it’s possibly the 2 way communication module/siren perhaps? That 2 way communication siren connects via plug directly to the communication module I just replaced. I believe it’s AVM 60-677. Would that be considered a BUS device?

If I delete it, will the panel re-learn it into the system again?

Sorry, I’m kind of a newb to security systems… I’ve only ever worked with my zwave stuff

Also, can you delete all the zwave devices from my account so that I can re-add modules to the new controller?

No, I do not believe that counts as a bus device. It may still be showing the prior module as a bus device.

Yes, a power cycle should scan any current bus devices and add if present.

Try deleting that bus device, save and exit programming, then perform a power cycle.

Also, can you delete all the zwave devices from my account so that I can re-add modules to the new controller?

There are no Z-wave devices associated with your account. Note that we cannot remotely clear the parent network link of Z-wave devices, you would need to locally perform the Remove Device process first for each device before re-adding it to the new module. You can just perform the remove device steps on the new module though (even though the devices aren’t learned in - the process clears the device itself of its prior link)

Did the delete and power cycled. It’s all clear now. Checked device 3 and it still says none so, I suppose that was the old module like you said!

Awesome on the zwave devices. I had originally checked a few minutes after the new module was added to my account on ADC and still saw all my old devices listed. I must not have waited long enough as I see now that none exist :).

I really appreciate the help from you guys with my struggles!