Couple questions about signup (re: firmware & service

Hi there. Sorry if already asked; searched forum and didn’t find answer.

I want to signup for service and monitoring for an existing 2GIG system inheriting.

> I have the user code, and the installer code
> Using your site’s tool, my serial number reports ‘unregistered and can be monitored’ and is ‘CDMA radio on Verizon running firmware 601184 and is two way voice capable’
> According to my Radio Status screen, my firmware version is ‘V1.13_PRODUCTION’
> Previous alarm installer was Reliant Energy, and appears to be running their firmware, as the splash screen on the GS2 is branded with their name

Questions…

#1) Now I know your site clearly states ‘If you are coming from a security provider who uses proprietary firmware with their alarm panel, you will need to update the firmware on your panel.’. So I am sorry to ask this, but, do I really need to perform a firmware upgrade, meaning, do I really need to but the $25 cable and flash to a generic 2GIG, or is the fact that I’m on V1.13 enough (even though it’s branded with the previous security provider’s firmware)

#2) If I already own a FTDI TTL-232 USB cable, is someone able to tell me the pinout order of the cable you sell so I can make sure I plug my cable into the GS2 correctly?

#3) I’m trying to determine if I really need Gold vs Basic. Can someone explain what the difference between ‘Sensor Security Monitoring (All Sensors)’ and ‘Sensor Activity Monitoring (50 Sensors)’ is?

#4) What is ‘Quickbox Integration’?

#5) Can you expand on what ‘Wireless 2-Way Voice’ is?

Thank you. I think I’ll be ready to signup for service once I understand the answers to these questions.

> Previous alarm installer was Reliant Energy, and appears to be running their firmware, as the splash screen on the GS2 is branded with their name

Questions…

#1) Now I know your site clearly states ‘If you are coming from a security provider who uses proprietary firmware with their alarm panel, you will need to update the firmware on your panel.’. So I am sorry to ask this, but, do I really need to perform a firmware upgrade, meaning, do I really need to but the $25 cable and flash to a generic 2GIG, or is the fact that I’m on V1.13 enough (even though it’s branded with the previous security provider’s firmware)

The logo in the bottom right does not indicate a custom firmware variant. In fact the firmware versioning should be different (for example, 1.11 is not a production version, but a specific dealer used it)

Custom firmware is very very rare. 1.13 would be standard firmware and you would be able to get started without an update if you wish.

If I already own a FTDI TTL-232 USB cable, is someone able to tell me the pinout order of the cable you sell so I can make sure I plug my cable into the GS2 correctly?

I can only recommend using the 2GIG Update cable to perform any local updates.

Can someone explain what the difference between ‘Sensor Security Monitoring (All Sensors)’ and ‘Sensor Activity Monitoring (50 Sensors)’ is?

Certainly, this page explains the difference in detail.

What is ‘Quickbox Integration’?

Quickbox is a model of small Z-wave biometric safe for valuables/handguns. Model #: Z-QBBIOZW

Can you expand on what ‘Wireless 2-Way Voice’ is?

2-Way Voice is an optional service on panels which support it where the panel initiates a call between itself and the central station as the first point of contact for alarm signals, and communication occurs through the panel speaker/mic.

The GC2 is compatible with 2-Way Voice natively. Some other panels require additional hardware.

2-Way Voice requires Gold Interactive and of course 24/7 Central Station Monitoring.

Thanks Jason, really appreciate your quick, easy to understand responses

Sorry for the superfluous post, but just wanted to mention that based on your responses, I did signup for new service (not under the original account ‘Bonuts’ but under this account). Just submitted all my information, waiting for next steps. Thanks again

Just submitted all my information, waiting for next steps. Thanks again

Happy to help! Look for your “Welcome to suretyDIY” email which will detail how to connect!