Craftsman Assurelink

attempting to register a Craftsman Assurelink (Liftmaster MyQ) gateway.

site says serial number is not valid

Craftsman Assurelink gateways are not compatible with Alarm.com service. Compatible Gateways would be under the Liftmaster or Chamberlain product brand.

Isn’t Liftmaster and Craftsman all under the Chamberlain umbrella? So would a craftsman opener work on an alarm.com approved MyQ gateway??

Yes, the Craftsman overhead should be compatible with MyQ gateways, and the one you would need to use is dependent on the learn button color.

What color is the learn button on your overhead?

Unfortunately the manual is in black and white, but the model number is 139.54920 (according to the manual - http://i.sears.com/s/d/pdf/mp-tc/10022781/prod_2188472512), and model number 54920 (according to the website - http://www.sears.com/craftsman-1-2-hp-belt-drive-garage-door-opener/p-00954920000P?sellerId=SEARS&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1).

I’m at work so I can’t physically go look at the opener at this time. The opener did come with a Craftsman Gateway which is what I’ve tried to pair to Alarm.com to begin with. Given all the gateways are made by Chamberlain I assumed they were universal.

My research says this unit will work: 828LM (https://www.liftmaster.com/for-homes/accessories/myq-accessories/model-828lm)

In general if the learn button is yellow, red, orange, or purple the 828LM or Chamberlain equivalent should work. Red, Orange, or Purple may need a new wall button 888LM or Chamberlain equivalent.

Button color indicates the type of code signals the overhead uses.

The overhead you linked looks like it is a new model which already comes with the necessary components so yes it looks like an 828LM or Chamberlain equivalent should work.

That’s the module I plan to purchase today on my way home. So just to be sure, do not register the gateway with Chamberlain first? Go straight to Alarm.com instead?

I also have access to Chamberlain CIGBU which I’m assuming is the “universal” gateway. Which one is preferred by alarm.com - The 828LM or CIGBU?

The Liftmaster 828LM and the CIGBU are identical, both compatible. The Chamberlain version is more widely available through standard retailers.

That’s the module I plan to purchase today on my way home. So just to be sure, do not register the gateway with Chamberlain first? Go straight to Alarm.com instead?

Correct, registering through Alarm.com also registers through the Chamberlain servers, so if you have a Chamberlain account linked to it already it will need to be deleted and the device unregistered.

You’ll just connect directly using Alarm.com on the Empower Garage page.

I think I’ve got it. Thank you for your help !!!

I ended up getting the Chamberlain CIGBU-P from Home Depot. It took several attempts however it’s now paired to my Craftsman opener and showing in my alarm.com dashboard. =)

Thanks for your help!

How did you get it to finally paid ? I have a similar situation and purchased the same thing . I follow the set up and the light on the open flashes but it just keeps searching for a new device until it times out and tells me to try it all again . Any suggestions ?

*pair

How did you get it to finally paid ? I have a similar situation and purchased the same thing .

What model of overhead do you have and what color is the learn button?

Craftsman 3043 and it’s yellow .

With a yellow learn button the opener should be directly compatible with the Chamberlain CIGBU gateway.

How far away is the gateway from the opener/wall button? I have seen certain instances where a router is located in the basement of a home and the Gateway has trouble reaching the devices.

Are you attempting to learn it through the opener or the wall control panel?

To be honest, from my perspective I didn’t do anything specific or any special steps other than the directions - and it “just happened”. Once it was paired I had a typical “huh… ok then” shoulder shrug and accepted that it worked. I’m sorry I can’t give you a “smoking gun” resolution.

It’s on the other side of the wall from the garage same floor just one wall between . It clicks and the light flashes like when I programmed other things to it but on the alarm.com website it says that it hasn’t found any new devices . I’ve tried it on the overhead motor and on the wall panel same outcome . Also I’ve deleted all the programmed devices in the motor and started over and have factory reset the gateway.

Hmm, could you let us know the last time you tried this, or could you try one more time and note the time for us so we can work with Alarm.com to look into any errors in transmission between the Gateway and ADC/Chamberlain?

Any with a Yellow Learn button should be directly compatible with the internet gateway, so it is most likely a communication issue of some sort if nothing is being discovered.

Does the Gateway itself show a solid blue LED after attempting to learn?