CS Monitoring

New to CS monitoring. Want to put my system in test for a while. More than 72 hours. I test a lot of stuff! But when I set my system in an alarm, I get 2-way voice communications from CS. Its in test… I don’t want to bother (or be bothered) by CS when my system is in test. Is there a way out of this? Also, I understand that the only way to put the CS on test mode, is to call. And then, at best, it is a 72 hour window, with an automatic restart of CS monitoring after that. Is there a way to bypass this? Bottom line, I want my system in test, for my determined amount of time, without 2-way communications checking up on me… Thanks all!

Hi David , it sounds like you have Monitoring America as your central station, their policy is to respond to all 2 way calls regardless if in test or not, it cannot be changed, unless you have surety disable it on the alarm.com backend , but then you won’t have 2 way voice (not recommended).as far as testing longer than 72 hours I will let the tech team answer

If you need to place your account on test for more than 72 hours, you can send a secure message here or email request to our customer service team. Accounts can be placed on test by our team for up to one week at a time. You can extend the test period again later if need be.

Contacting Monitoring America directly, you can place your account on test for up to 72 hours at a time.

it sounds like you have Monitoring America as your central station, their policy is to respond to all 2 way calls regardless if in test or not, it cannot be changed, unless you have surety disable it on the alarm.com backend

Correct, alarm signals which would result in 2-way callsto Monitoring America will initiate 2-way while the Central Station account is in test mode. In test mode Monitoring America will not dispatch and will automatically disregard regardless of response.