Door sensor not triggering the alarm

I have couple of issues with my alarm for the last couple of days:

1. I have a sensor on my garage access door, opening the door is not triggering the alarm even if the panel is armed ( Wireless sensor 6, “Garage Access” in the panel)
  2. I have broadband connection at home, it is indicating the “Broad connection failure” even though internet connection is active. I did a Network test on the panel, it is showing “Internet” and “Backend” in RED.
    Can please you have a look into this ?

Happy to assist!

1. I have a sensor on my garage access door, opening the door is not triggering the alarm even if the panel is armed ( Wireless sensor 6, “Garage Access” in the panel)

Records indicate the sensor has Transmission Delay enabled, this would add a delay triggering the alarm after the sensor is activated. A pending alarm would result due to the transmission delay.

This can be disabled via sensor programming (System Settings-> Installer Toolbox → System Configuration->Wireless Zones). Does this fix your issue?

2. I have broadband connection at home, it is indicating the “Broad connection failure” even though internet connection is active. I did a Network test on the panel, it is showing “Internet” and “Backend” in RED.

I am able to successfully ping the panel via broadband. I notice that your firmware is not current, you will want to upgrade your panel’s firmware as more recent firmware states improvements to wifi. 3.1.3 is the most recent and can be found here. Does help the issue?

I have updated firmware to newest version. Regarding door sensor, I have toggled the “disabled” and “enabled” as you mentioned, but there is no changes. I have set up a “Voice Descriptor” when the door is opened. Even when the system is not armed, I am not at hearing the voice descriptor when I open the door. When the system is armed, if I open this door, alarm is not at all triggered. Is there any issue with signal reaching to the panel from takeover module ? All other wireless zones are working though.

Note that we see activity for “Garage Access” zone 6 in your Alarm.com history.

So to clarify, how often are you seeing the sensor open but not report at the panel? Is it failing to register any activity at the panel at all 100% of the time? Your Alarm.com history does not suggest that.

Can you please double check the sensor you are referring to. Ensure it is indeed zone 6 Garage Access.

You would not have signal trouble for one TAKE-345 zone but not others. If a zone is not working at all, that would likely be a wiring or serial number issue. However since we are seeing activity from that zone in history (it’s the most recently activated zone in fact) we need to clarify the effect you are seeing.

While disarmed, if you open the door and leave it open, look at the home screen of your GC3. On the left it should show the currently open zone. Do you see that zone open?

This issue is happening for last 3-4 days. Before that, it was working fine. I open this door very frequently, so you should see lot activity on this door. If you see the history for last 2-3 days, I think you won’t see any.
Yes it is zone6 " Garage Access", thats what I am referring to.
If I Open/Close this door(while disarmed), there is no activity in the GC3 panel at all.

If you see the history for last 2-3 days, I think you won’t see any. Yes it is zone6 ” Garage Access”, thats what I am referring to.

Garage Access is the latest zone activity listed. Within the last 45 minutes. 3 instances of open/close today. You can view this in your Alarm.com activity by logging into Alarm.com and clicking Activity.

Is this Garage Access zone an overhead garage door contact or is it a man-door into the home? Can you confirm which one you are testing?

ok, I forgot to mention that. After getting your reply yesterday, I went to zone6 of the panel and pressed “Learn” button. After 3-4 time opening/closing the door, I received “Signal Received” message on GC3 Panel. Once I saved the GC3 panel, if I open the door, I do not see any activity in GC3 panel. I repeated this activity 3-4 times today and couple of times yesterday, thinking it is the problem with receiving the signal. Since today morning, I have opened and closed this door at least 15-20 times. So, you should see lot activity in the logs. Just now, after getting your reply I opened/closed this door many times in the last 4-5 mins. I think I do not see any activity at all in the GC3 Panel.

It is not an overhead garage door contact.It is a regular door(one of the main door) used for entering garage from the home. It is just like the “Main entry door”. All doors in my home has same kind of wired contacts.

After getting your reply yesterday, I went to zone6 of the panel and pressed “Learn” button. After 3-4 time opening/closing the door, I received “Signal Received” message on GC3 Panel. Once I saved the GC3 panel, if I open the door, I do not see any activity in GC3 panel. I repeated this activity 3-4 times today and couple of times yesterday, thinking it is the problem with receiving the signal. Since today morning, I have opened and closed this door at least 15-20 times

Thank you for clarifying.

Note that while the panel is in programming mode it will not register the sensor activity to the back-end. The open/close events would indeed be standard sensor activity from that zone with the system at rest. However you are not seeing activity from that sensor most of the time when you open the door.

The most likely cause in this case would be a short on the wiring. Is this sensor a recessed sensor or is it mounted on the surface of the door frame? If able, try just removing the sensor physically and leave the wires open and not touching any surface. The panel should show the zone open, does it?

You say it was working for a while before this. Did you perform any work on the panel/Takeover module or add sensors around the time it started failing?