Existing Vivint system with 2Gig Go panel - Want to upgrade to QOLsys IQ 2

Greetings.

So Im ready to move on form vivint. Our current system is a 2Gig Go interfacing with magnetic sensors on all windows via a takeover box.

Will the existing takeover box work with a new Qolsys panel? Is there a specific takeover module for this panel?

…and a follow up question. If I decided to get the updated 2Gig panel - would I be ablate simply use the existing takeover module thats being used on the system now?

Should you be looking to switch from the 2GIG Go!Control panel to Qolsys, you would need to utilize the Qolsys Hardwire 16 for hardwired zones. The 2GIG TAKE-345 is not compatible with Qolsys.

The 2GIG-TAKE-345 would be compatible with the 2GIG GC3 panel

Are there any real advantages over using the Qolsys over the 2GIG GC3?

Considering the 2GIG install sounds like it would be drop in I may go that direction.

Advantages would come from either replacing existing sensors with S-line sensors, or using the S-line version of the hardwire translator and getting encrypted wireless sensor transmission that way for Qolsys. Power G Sensors are also supposed to be supported in the future.

The IQ Panel 2 also supports bluetooth disarming, but I would discourage its use.

The GC3 is supposed to receive support for partitions in the future, allowing you to arm sections of the system independently. This may or may not be applicable, given the location.

Hi Jason, why do you state “The IQ Panel 2 also supports bluetooth disarming, but I would discourage its use”, the "discourage it’s use comment? thx

Bluetooth disarming is a method of disarming the system without verified access. Anyone with your phone would be able to disarm it. It emphasizes convenience at the expense of security.

In addition, normal activity around the home can disarm the alarm system unexpectedly if you use Arm Away, as well as simple actions such as restarting your phone, disabling and re-enabling bluetooth, or any activity causing the bluetooth connection to drop temporarily. If you have multiple bluetooth devices this is more and more likely.