GC3 firmware needed?

My GC3 arrives today and I’m trying to get everything ready. One quick question as pertaining to the TS1 and updating firmware. Will I have to update the TS1 to the same firmware that’s on the GC3 or will 1.13/1.14.01 work? If so, where do I find the new GC3 firmware to flash the TS!? I haven’t read anything on that subject and want to make sure the keypad will work. The GC3 specs lists 4 keypads. I haven’t read about another keypad being released. Is a keypad different than the Ts1 wireless touchscreen keypad?

Thanks

reposted (because post seems to have vanished)

You cant use the TS1, and you cant use Image Sensors with the GC3

The only compatible keypad at this time is the 2GIG-PAD1

Thanks Riven. That stinks. I hope they add support for the TS1 or come up with a solution for multiple rooms.

The TS1 will probably only be a GC2 keypad insofar as it is a 900MHZ device (which isn’t supported by the GC3)

Curious to know what you think of the new GC3 hardware and software. Also, where did you purchase it?
Thanks.

where did you purchase it

ebay and buy2gig are two that I know of.

suretydiy.com/forums/topic/you-can-buy-the-gc3-now-398/

I bought it from buy2gig and it was overnighted. I haven’t messed with it much as I had a work party last night and I’m still figuring out how to set my sensors up. I’ve set up about 10 sensors so far and everything has been easy to setup so far. I don’t understand what loops represent but I’m sure someone on this board can help me with that. The speaker is super loud and clear and everything is easy to find and navigate through all of the menus.

I don’t understand what loops represent but I’m sure someone on this board can help me with that.

You can download/get the GC3 User Guide, and GC3 Programming & Installer Guide.

I could be wrong, but I think the SMKT3 heat loop will still be loop 2.

GC3 Sensor loop:

Sensor loops correspond to additional features available to sensors (often multifunction sensors.)

Refer to your specific sensor’s programming manual to determine which functions correspond to each loop.

When multiple functions exist, each one is learned into your panel as a separate sensor (for example, the RE219 Flood, freeze, heat sensor gets the same serial number learned in three times, with a different loop for each)

Thanks for the help guys. I signed up for the gold service from here today and am still adding sensors as I can. I’m learning so it was slow at first but this panel sure is nice and easy to use. One question though, should I do the run the phone test now or wait until I’m done adding sensors? I don’t want to accidentally trigger an alarm or cause any ruccus over at alarm.com.

should I do the run the phone test now or wait until I’m done adding sensors? I don’t want to accidentally trigger an alarm or cause any ruccus over at alarm.com.

‘alarm.com’ is a computer server and database.

Be sure to read your welcome email as information on your Central Station monitoring (including if/when it is currently on test mode and how to remove it or extend it) is included there. This status will be what to pay attention to as you test/add/remove sensors.

Running the cell phone test successfully is necessary for your panel to complete the connection process with your ADC account.

Will do. Thanks Amanda.

Pretty disappointing to not be able to use the TS1 with the shiny new GC3.

With Wi-Fi (future) capability, I wonder if a Wi-Fi secondary panel will be introduced in the future?

Pretty disappointing to not be able to use the TS1 with the shiny new GC3.

The UI and features are not the same. The GC3 also is not using 900mhz at this time.

I would guess a secondary panel on wifi would be a very possible eventuality. No solid details on that yet.

Thanks, Jason. A wifi secondary panel would be ideal.

In the mean time, I guess I can use the alarm.com app on a unused phone upstairs to manage the automation. Lest I be required to walk downstairs to tun off my lights or change my thermostat.