GC3 Rules and History

There are two things I am noticing and wnder if you can help.

My system was armed, and I noticed on the log (and third pary camera) our housekeeper went in and out. I didn’t, however, see either a Disarm or Arm entry on the log.

The other thing is that I added to zwave lights to the system. I can turn them on and off via the Panel and/or the iPhone Alarm.com app, but it doesnt seem to work if I try and use a RULE (I even tried to separate it into 2 separate rules like on at 6 PM off at 7 PM). Any ideas?

My system was armed, and I noticed on the log (and third pary camera) our housekeeper went in and out. I didn’t, however, see either a Disarm or Arm entry on the log.

I’m actually seeing a lot of remote arming commands listed without any disarm reports in between. No sensor opening/closing either. It looks like Reports are enabled for the sensors in programming, so the panel may have communication issues or may not be syncing this info with ADC. The first quick test would be a power cycle. We can send a remote reboot if you would like. Afterward, does this resolve the issue and does the panel show disarm and sensor reports?

It looks like this was after a panel swap. Did you make sure to swap the cell sled while the panel was powered down completely?

but it doesnt seem to work if I try and use a RULE

Have you used other rules previously? I only see one device set up for a rule and it is only active on Sundays. Can you create another rule you were trying to set up? We can then take a look at the rule itself and at the commands sent to the panel.

Hi Warren:

Yes, a remote reboot is fine.

As for the rules, I was creating a few different ones while I was up there to see if I could get them to work (ie turn on and off starting in ~30 mins to see if I could get it to work). No luck. I can operate (on/off) without a problem using the Panel or my phone app.

I can create a few new rules and see what the log captures.

We’ve sent a reboot command. Keep an eye out for sensor opening/closing and disarm/arm reports from the panel. Prior to the reboot all I am seeing are Z-wave reports and commands initiated by Alarm.com.

Thanks. I created a test rule and we’ll see what gets logged. Appreciate it!

Hi Warren:

I created a Test Rule to turn on and off both the lights. The time for that activity has passed and I don’t see any log entry related to the rule. Do you see anything on your end?

I created a Test Rule to turn on and off both the lights. The time for that activity has passed and I don’t see any log entry related to the rule. Do you see anything on your end?

Most rules and schedules are saved locally at the panel, including lighting schedules. They are not sent as remote commands each time, but processed by the panel after creation.

Local rule activation will not generate an entry in history unless the event is naturally logged. (Like lock automatic disarm) Light schedules firing will not be shown. This will need to be confirmed locally at the system. Do the lights turn on when the schedule has them set to do so?

Hello:

I created a test rule yesterday and checked via my camera application to see if it activated. No luck. Anything else I can try?

We are still not seeing sensor activity or local arming logs. One thing to note is that a new firmware version is out for the GC3 and it looks like this panel is running on launch firmware.

Firmware and release notes can be found here.

I’m not seeing any failed Z-wave communication logged in the diagnostic counters, but I am also not seeing many logged at all. The reporting issue may be related. I would advise updating the firmware first, then delete the schedules. Wait at least five minutes, then recreate a single schedule. Does that one then work? If so the issue is likely resolved.