Go!Control Water Sensor Reporting

I have a Go!Control panel that I added an Ademco/Honeywell 5821 water detection sensor to. I use it to monitor my ejector pump, and when I programmed it in I set the “sensor type” as “08 24-hour auxillary alarm” as that is what is recommended in the manual and made the most sense. However, the sensor has become temperamental and the random middle-of-the-night alarm system going berserk is something I would like to stop.

Is there anyway to program a 5821 sensor on a Go!Control panel such that I simply get an email notification, without the alarm going off? Even better if I could get the lady to announce the sensor being triggered, like when a door is opened when the alarm is disarmed.

I do see this sensor and another set as a 24 Hour Auxiliary zone, but keep in mind that the subtype determines what type of signal is received by the CS. They appear to just be set as general contacts.

For a water sensor, this should be set as the following:

Sensor Type: (8) 24 Hour Aux
Equipment Type: (8) Water

I see a sensor labeled “Low Temperature Sensor” also programmed as a 24 Hour Aux general contact zone. That should be as follows:

Senor Type: (8) 24 Hour Aux
Equipment Type: (6) Freeze

Is there anyway to program a 5821 sensor on a Go!Control panel such that I simply get an email notification, without the alarm going off?

If you wish to set the water sensor to not report to the central station but still be able to set up Alarm.com notifications and chimes, that can be done by programming it as the following:

Sensor Type: (23) No Response Type
Equipment Type: (1) Contact

1 Like

Thanks, Warren. I will have to give it a try as a No Response, Contact sensor.