Heat pump blows heat only with T2000

Hi, I am trying to install a new T2000. Install goes okay but regardless of setting blows either fan or hot.

Here is the wiring I started with… I did it with and without the Y2 to W2 jumper .

What I missed is the small metal jumper connecting R to RC (lower right of photo, very tiny.

Do you think I needed that one? Or any other thoughts?

The unit autoconfigures as “NORM:” but I also have tried both Heat Pump settings.

Thanks

The ADC-T2000 has a separate R to RC jumper on the bottom left. It is by default connected, you would not need to add one.

Do you have a Heat Pump or do you have a normal furnace? You should be using the settings and wiring for the type of HVAC you have.

What was the model of the original thermostat? Was it set to conventional or Heat pump?

Thanks for your help. Here are my furnaces and here is the original thermostat. I have two units.

Here is the unit

Note we would need the model of the thermostat, there is no model indication in the image above.

The second image appears to be a Fan Coil/Air Handler, and from what I can tell, could be paired with either a Heat pump or furnace. A fan coil can also be run by itself, but I wouldn’t expect that for a whole house.

Are you saying you only have the FXM4X? Do you have an outdoor heat pump unit?

The original image shows the wiring of second stage heat and cool being jumpered together, that is the part that is a bit off. Likewise you titled this as a Heat pump thread, but the thermostat appears to be using conventional furnace wiring, and I cannot tell if there are additional terminals underneath for heat pump, or if it uses the same terminals for some reason, so the thermostat model would help there.

I’m guessing you do indeed have a heat pump, but you’ll want to verify.

This thread seems to be a similar situation with what appears to be the same thermostat. I’m guessing the tstat simply uses the same terminals for heat pump and furnace options.

The linked thread suggests that there is not a second stage of cool (which would make sense since it is jumped to heat) and it is instead an AUX/Emergency heat wire. They suggest contacting Honeywell to verify.

Thanks for your continued help. Here is the current thermostat (Honeywell)

Back side of thermostat

The TempStar units outside are these

Thank you for following up. You do indeed have a Heat Pump according to documentation on that model. Thank you for the thermostat model. You would be using the heat pump row of labels on the Tstat terminal block, so you would install on the ADC-T2000 based on that row.

The important difference is the orange wire which is going into O/B is the changeover wire to direct the Heat pump to heat/cool. This needs to be attached to O/B on the T2000.

AUX (white wire) should be placed on W on the T2000. Remove and ignore jumper to E.

All other terminals would match 1 for 1.

Hi;

Im having issues with my system as well. Its seems to work great for a few days…then suddently, when we select cold, its hot air coming out… looks like its an intermittent issue…any ideas why?
My only thinking so far is my wiring connection…i broke the little plastic over the RC by trying to unplug a wire…and i took.out the original jumper from RC to RH…but i need it…can i replace that??
Cheers

Here’s a pic…

My only thinking so far is my wiring connection…i broke the little plastic over the RC by trying to unplug a wire….and i took.out the original jumper from RC to RH..but i need it…can i replace that??

From the image it looks like this was already done, but do not try to insert two wires into one terminal on the T2000. This can cause damage to the unit.

The T2000 uses the black plastic shunt on the pins at the lower left of the terminal block to jump RH and RC. This should be left in place for most installations. If you still have it you can try removing the wire jumper between RH and RC and reinstalling the original one on the pins. You might find a replacement pin from electronics distributor sites.

Jason: Wanted to say thanks. Your analysis was right on the money. Thank you for your expertise and for sharing it.