How to Factory Reset Alarm.com Compatible Cameras

In order to solve your camera woes, sometimes you need to factory reset them. Below a a brief guide on how to factory reset each Alarm.com camera:

Keep in mind that it is recommended that the cameras be powered on for at least 2 minutes before trying to factory reset. If the factory reset is attempted immediately after power up it will not work as the camera will still be rebooting. After performing a factory reset, it is strongly recommended to leave the camera alone and plugged into power for 2 minutes.

ADC-V700x
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red, which usually happens after 90 seconds. Use the Button inside back of the camera. Be careful of twisting wires if opening.

ADC-V510Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red, which usually happens after 60 seconds. Use the pinhole on back bottom left corner.

ADC-V610PT
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red, which usually happens after 60 seconds. The pinhole on the underside of the camera, towards the front, near the black pad.

ADC-VS1
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red, which usually happens after 60 seconds. Use the pinhole labeled reset.

2GIG CAM-HD100
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes yellow, which usually happens after 10 seconds. Use the “B” Button on the back of the camera.

ADC-VS120
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Use the pinhole labeled reset.

ADC-VS420
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Use the pinhole on back left.

ADC-V520
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. The pinhole is in the back bottom left corner.

ADC-V520IR
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. The pinhole is in the back bottom left corner.

ADC-V620PT
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Use the back pinhole, near the seam to the left of the antenna if facing the back of the camera.

ADC-V720
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Use button inside back of the camera. Be careful of twisting wires if opening.

ADC-V720W
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Same as the WPS button, which is under the small black cap.

ADC-V721W
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Same as the WPS button, which is on the back of the camera.

ADC-VC736

1. Disconnect the camera from the power supply.
  2. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the water-tight door (see diagram).
  3. Press and hold the Reset button while reconnecting power. Continue to hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.

ADC-V820
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Black reset button on rear-inside of the camera.

ADC-VC836

1. Disconnect the camera from the power supply.
  2. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the water-tight door.
  3. Press and hold the Reset button while reconnecting power. Continue to hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.

ADC-SVR100
Hold reset button until LED rapidly flashes red and green, which usually happened after 15 seconds. Pinhole labeled reset in the back bottom left corner.

Important : After performing a factory reset, it is strongly recommended to leave the device alone and plugged into power for two minutes.

Nice inform thanks

I wish the factory reset worked on my ADC-V520IR. I’ve reset it dozens of times and it refuses to go back to the original factory firmware. The original Hikvision firmware allowed for a browser login to the camera using a default user login of root and a default ADC password. Now that does not seem to be the case. :frowning:

Factory resets do not return to older firmware. Just factory defaults of the current firmware.

That makes sense. They must have updated the camera firmware remotely since I purchased it.
The old ‘root’ and default password no longer works. Do you have an updated one? To avoid posting any sensitive information, you may reply direct to me via email using the email address I use for my forum accounts here.

Thank you.

Root credentials are randomized in ADC firmware. (Also, to clarify, the V520IR is a Vivotek OEM cam, not Hikvision)

We cannot provide root camera access and do not have it ourselves.

Access would be controlled through Alarm.com account settings under the Profile tab.