How to Know if Someone Leaves the Fridge Door Open

Particularly useful if you have an individual in your household prone to forgetting to close the refrigerator door.

Hi Jason,

I just bought two Slimline sensors and plan to install them on two freezers this weekend. Had a seal fail and the door popped open over last weekend and lost a bunch of food.

Will this set the alarm off if it’s tripped past the time limit - I don’t want that, just want a notification sent. Same thing with the water alarm sensor that I also bought and plan to install this weekend.

Sensor function and whether or not an alarm is tripped is dependent solely on panel sensor programming.

The video above shows how to set up a notification-only sensor which does not trip alarms. It uses the Sensor Zone type (23) No Response Type (for 2GIG). As long as this type is selected it will never generate an alarm.

The sensor left open notification generates a notification email/text when the trigger occurs (sensor left open for a period of time you select). Alarm.com notifications do not have an effect on the panel.

Thank you! Looking forward to getting this setup this weekend!

What is the best sensor type to configure for a Qolsys system using an S-Line door/window sensor?

If you want a DW S-Line programmed for notification only (no alarms) on a fridge or cabinet, you can use Sensor Group: 25 - Local Safety Sensor

Qolsys DW Door/Window Contact - Programmed for no response type

Sensor Type: Door/Window
Sensor Name: As Desired
Chime Type: As Desired
Sensor Group: 25 - Local Safety Sensor
Voice Prompts: As Desired
Source: S-Line

You can find a variety of programming guides for Qolsys panels here:

Perfect, Thank you!