How to remove a z-wave device from alarm.com

Hello,
I had a z-wave switch go bad and replaced with a new one. I was therefore unable to “unlearn” from the primary controller and keep getting an error message stating “device malfunction” but obviously the switch is no longer present. Is there a way I can delete it from my alarm.com account or does it have to be done on your end? Name of device was relabeled to “removed from house” if the later is the only option.

Also, just switched over to your monitoring system and love the setup process and independence it gives. I was locked into a high priced system for 3 years and was charged a fortune for the smallest things. Thanks and I look forward to adding more houses under suretydiy.

Ryan

Happy to help! Many alarm panels will have the ability to clear out old nodes that are no longer communicating with the Z-wave network after performing a network check. However, it looks like this is regarding a Concord 4, and this is not possible from the panel.

In the case of a Concord 4 we can send a command to remove that for you. I actually see two nodes labeled “removed from house.” I’ve gone ahead and sent a command to delete those.

This only works for devices which are no longer communicating on the network. If they can still be reached at all, the delete won’t work and must be done by the standard removal process locally.

I have the same issue with my Concord 4 System. I have 3 failed devices that have been physically removed, but they still show as malfunctioned.

Can you remove the 3 devices in my system named “Remove”?

Also, how do I do any zwave utilities to optimize zwave performance/communication?

Thanks.

Happy to assist!

Can you remove the 3 devices in my system named “Remove”?

Commands have been sent to remove those devices for you.

Also, how do I do any zwave utilities to optimize zwave performance/communication?

The Concord 4 unfortunately carries the limitation of no local Network Rediscovery. Since the Concord itself does not process any Z-wave info, you cannot perform any functions through the keypad. Currently the Network Rediscovery for Concord 4 is in the dealer tools.

Would you like us to send a command now?

Yes, please send the command now.

We’ve sent that command. Should take about 10 minutes to complete.