Inactivity did not delay auto rearming schedule

Apparently your auto arming doesn’t work properly. I set this up to auto arm after an hour of inactivity. Well at 10:30 my system decided to arm while there were plenty of customers in the store. So it shouldn’t have been inactive. Can someone explain this and also why no one reached out to me that system alarm went off.

Can someone explain this and also why no one reached out to me that system alarm went off.

Happy to help, and to clarify this one first, note that Dialer Delay (called Transmission Delay on the GC3) is active on your system on the zone that set off the alarm.

A dialer delay is a delay period between when an alarm is tripped and when the signal is forwarded to the central station. This is a way panels combat false alarm response by limiting unnecessary dispatch on accidental alarms.

If you take a look in your Alarm.com activity history, this event is listed as a Pending Alarm. Whenever you see the word Pending that means a signal was sent to ADC with dialer delay. ADC then forwards the signal when the dialer delay period ends. A second confirmed Alarm signal is actually sent to ADC from your panel, which gets sent to the central station.

In your case the panel was disarmed within the dialer delay, so no signal was forwarded. This is normal and expected. The central station would not see this event, but you would see the “Pending” event in Alarm.com activity.

I set this up to auto arm after an hour of inactivity. Well at 10:30 my system decided to arm while there were plenty of customers in the store. So it shouldn’t have been inactive

Inactivity takes into account all security sensors on site, and it looks like there was indeed a lot of activity occurring.

Considering the system was armed roughly 1 hour after the rule was first created and it was looking for 1 hour of inactivity, it looks like that rule did not save properly at the panel and activity was not being considered in the timing.

Did you intend for the rule to be active all day long? It looks like the time-frame that was previously selected was 11:00PM to 10:50PM. Do you intend for this to be active only after store hours? Note that you can also set exact arming times if the store has regular hours.

It appears that rule has been deleted. ADC can send a couple commands to ensure that any created rules are saved properly, but there would need to be an active rule to do so.

If you would like to try saving a rule again, let us know and we will have ADC send commands to troubleshoot.