Insurance Certificate

I have the Gold Interactive. My Insurance Certificate does not show Fire. Why is that?

Does your panel have a smoke detector connected?

It looks like no smoke detector is currently learned in. With a compatible smoke detector your Insurance Certificate will be updated to reflect fire monitoring (allow up to 24 hours for the certificate to update)

Perfect. That is what I was hoping was the cause of that. We were wanting to start the insurance savings ASAP, but don’t have all of the sensors learned in yet.
Thanks Warren!

Do all services have the Insurance Certificates available? where do You find that? I am new to the forum, sorry if I ask “dumb” questions.

Do all services have the Insurance Certificates available? where do You find that? I am new to the forum, sorry if I ask “dumb” questions.

No need to apologize, we are here to help! Insurance Certificates are available with either Basic or Gold Interactive provided that Central Station Monitoring is included in the plan.

The Insurance Certificate can be downloaded by accessing your account page, clicking Alarm Subscriptions, View the active subscription, and selecting Insurance Certificate. This will download a pdf copy.

with regret, I am not seeing “Insurance Certificate” on the “view” page.

As per Jason,

Insurance Certificates are available with either Basic or Gold Interactive provided that Central Station Monitoring is included in the plan.

It appears that the above account is for Basic Interactive service without Central Station service.