Integration with GE/Caddx NX8e

Hello,

Is it possible to use Surety/alarm.com for a GE/Caddx NX8e system? If so, what would be required?

If not, what would be recommended as a replacement panel that would be similar and compatible? I’m currently all hardwired sensors and a POTS line for central station monitoring.

THanks!
-Fritz

That would be an Interlogix Networx panel, which does support Alarm.com communicators, yes. This document will go over compatible communicators.

Alarm.com service through suretyDIY requires a valid 3G or 4G cellular module.

We do not directly sell Networx modules, however they are available through online vendors.

Should you wish to switch panels, with all hardwired sensors all panel choices will be essentially the same process, using hardwired sensor translators for wireless systems like 2GIG and Qolsys, or a different Hardwired panel like a Concord 4 (which wouldn’t be too much of a change from the existing panel.)

Thanks for the link to the documentation on NX-592E Cellular Module. That might be a good place for me to start before I go invest in a completely new panel.

I’m curious what you might know about the ZWave integration included with that module. Can I use the NX-592 as a secondary controller for an existing ZWave network? I couldn’t find any details on how it would serve as as secondary controller in that document.

I already have a Vera Lite ZWave controller (although I’m considering switching to SmartThings). If it is configured as a secondary controller, will the alarm.com interface see all of my existing ZWave components?

Thanks again!

Can I use the NX-592 as a secondary controller for an existing ZWave network?

We’ve not specifically tested this type of integration with an NX panel, so we could not confirm with certainty. That said, Z-wave functions are more or less universal typically, so it may be possible.

Manufacturers will tend to allow secondary controller interaction, but for the most part do not support it since they have no control over 3rd party devices. The Vera lite itself should have no trouble with this type of setup.

If it is configured as a secondary controller, will the alarm.com interface see all of my existing ZWave components?

If the integration works as it should, yes this would be expected.

I finally picked up a NX-592E-GSM-ZWAVE module to integrate with my Caddx system. Can anyone provide some guidance on how to get started?

According to the installation instructions, I’ll need an alarm.com account before I begin - how do I get an alarm.com account?

Also, the directions say I’ll need the ‘installer code’ for my alarm panel. How do I get that? Do I call my current monitoring company for the code, or is there some other way to do that?

Thanks!

According to the installation instructions, I’ll need an alarm.com account before I begin – how do I get an alarm.com account?

Alarm.com is the back-end software provider for the cellular communication and remote system control.

Alarm.com accounts are purchased through Alarm.com service providers (like suretyDIY) and are created by that provider.

A suretyDIY subscription is a subscription to an Alarm.com account, with the choice of including 24/7 central station monitoring.

Also, the directions say I’ll need the ‘installer code’ for my alarm panel. How do I get that? Do I call my current monitoring company for the code, or is there some other way to do that?

If you have an existing monitoring company, yes you could call, however we could not speak to another company’s policies and they may or may not offer the code.

Keep in mind that the instructions for the GE alarm.com modules are written for installers, and some of the wording is not applicable to the user.

The important steps in the case of connecting a system to a new Alarm.com account would be wiring and powering instructions and diagrams, and phone test instructions:

“Perform a manual phone test by pressing *44 while the
system is disarmed (Make sure that panel’s Location 37,
Segment 2, Bit 7 is set).
Note: if Location 37, Segment 2, Bit 6 is set,
performing the phone test will trigger the local siren.
To avoid triggering the siren when performing the
phone test, make sure Bit 6 is OFF”

If you are looking to connect to suretyDIY service, once your system is connected you can request that our team defaults your installer code for programming access if necessary.

Thanks Jason,

I should be able to get the nx-592 wired and powered up. Is there someone I can speak with to get a SuretyDIY/alarm.com account set up and get me rolling with my migration to SuretyDIY?

Also - I noticed that the NX-592E has a slot for a SIM card, but there is no SIM card in it. Will a SIM card be required?

Disregard my comment about the SIM card. It wasn’t installed, but I found it and installed it.

I have it wired to the alarm panel now and powered up. Looks like I have a good wireless signal, but the code is telling me the module can’t register (which I would expect since I don’t have an account). I’ll do the phone test tomorrow and then get in touch with Surety to get my account set up.

All service is purchased through our website. Gold Interactive and Basic Interactive plans are available. You can view the differences and included features of the two plans here. Both can be purchased with or without 24/7 monitoring.

Upon making a subscription purchase, you will be prompted to fill out an order survey which will collect the necessary details for your account.

Orders are processed by our customer service team during business hours Monday - Friday. Orders for service alone are usually processed very quickly.

Thanks - I just signed up for service. After submitting my order, I was prompted for a ‘Wireless Module ID’. I Can’t seem to find an IMEI or ADC label anywhere on my NX-592E module. Would it be possible for someone to contact me directly about this? - even when I do find the ID, I’m thinking that isn’t something I would want to share on a public forum.

suretyDIY support is handled online, but no, the ID needs to be submitted on your order, you are correct you should not post it here.

The Module Serial # can be found on the white sticker at the top of the GSM radio. It should be 15 digits long. You can use this module check tool to confirm you have the correct number.

The check tool will indicate that your module is unregistered and ready for activation when the correct number is entered. It will let you know if an invalid number is used.