Is Qolsys IQ Panel 2 locked to the provider?

Hi,

I’m going to buy Qolsys IQ Panel 2 from 2GIG:

I have a question is it coming “locked” to the provider or I can use with your service?

What’s the difference between your service or 2GIG, why should I choose you?

Thanks

I have a question is it coming “locked” to the provider or I can use with your service?

You would need to ask the vendor regarding this. Qolsys panels do not have removable cellular communication modules, but they are typically not inherently linked to a provider. A cellular module is “locked” if it is currently in use on an Alarm.com provider service account.

You’ll need to verify with the vendor if they sell the product without service.

What’s the difference between your service or 2GIG, why should I choose you?

2GIG is a manufacturer of security equipment. The company you linked is not 2GIG themselves, to clarify.

We cannot speak regarding another provider, but you can find our service plans here for comparison. Here you will find our FAQs. I happen to believe our support is top notch, but I would be biased :wink:

Our forum is open to all with relevant questions, and you can purchase compatible equipment anywhere and use it with our service.

Thanks,

I talked to them(2GIG) and Qolsys Panel IQ 2 is “unlocked” if I buy from them. BUT they told me that they do not support 2-way communication with the panel.

Do you support 2-way communication with Qolsys Panel 2?

Sorry, I have to many questions, but I’m in between you and your competitor now (plus minus the same price). I want to choose the best service and so far I’m lining toward you.

So bad you still don’t have Panel 2 in stock. Do you have approximate time it be available?

Do you support 2-way communication with Qolsys Panel 2?

Two Way Voice through the IQ Panel 2 is not available over the Verizon carrier currently. This won’t be different from vendor to vendor. This is just a temporary limitation and Qolsys says it will be enabled soon with an update.

Sorry, I have to many questions

Questions are why we are here!

Do you have approximate time it be available?

We do not have an ETA, though we do expect full release and wider availability very soon. See here for more info.

Hi,

I’m going to buy Qolsys IQ Panel 2 from 2GIG:

Did you end up buying from this site? I came across the same place after some googling and I’d like to know if anyone has ordered the IQ Panel 2 from them. The website seems a little unprofessional (they’ve got both the Verizon and AT&T model listed, but no way to select a particular one, so which one do they send you?) and so I’m a little hesitant.

Sorry for necroing an old thread. I figured better to use the search function and bring this back to life than create a new thread on the exact same subject. And in case anyone finds this in the future, here’s what I found:

I contacted Buy2GIG.comvia email and received a response within 30 minutes at 7:30pm EST, which is impressive. They stated that they ship the Verizon unit by default, and as of 3/19/2018, have Verizon in stock. They ship AT&T on request (specify that in the comment section during ordering), but it has a longer lead time as they don’t have them in stock.

I will update this post (assuming the moderators don’t have an issue with me necroing this thread) when I receive the kit and advise if there are any issues.

The IQ Panel 2 (Verizon) can be found here in our store.