Issue with CT-100 Thermostat

I just signed up for gold package and after setting up alarm.com, all exisitng sensors originally configured by Vivint are showing as expected, however my ct-100 was not recognized as a thermostat, only as unknown z-wave device…

What could be the issue?

Happy to assist!

Alarm.com has chosen to end support for the 2GIG CT-100 Thermostat as well as a few others. It will not be possible to control the device from the Alarm.com app or website. For more information, please see this post here.

You can find a list of Alarm.com recommended thermostats here.

Could you please clarify?

If I had thermostats on the list prior to the cutoff date, they will continue to work with the app.

Sometimes they will fall off the z-wave network and I have to repair them. Will they work if I repair them in the future?

From the announcement page: "it will not be possible to control those thermostats from the app or website for any new accounts created after May 20th, 2018.

Older accounts created before that date will not be affected."

If your account was created prior to 5/20/2018 you should be unaffected by this based on ADC’s description.

The CT100 and 30 do not meet communication standards needed for further development, and are discontinued by the manufacturer.

I think this is to stem further sale of such products as “New” to new ADC users.

Have you guys seen anything about ADC’s new thermostat? Press release says May.

http://www.alarm.com/about/media/MediaGeneric.aspx?cmid=526

We are looking forward to the second generation T2000, however it is not yet available and there is not an ETA for release. Looks like a feature regarding HVAC diagnostic is still under development, but it is expected in 2018.

Ok. Thanks.

Any insight if the 2nd gen will work with the current T2000 temperature sensors?

There are no official compatibility notes available as the product is still in development. We could not say for certain but I would expect so.