Issues with signaling and 2GIG

So this is the second time I have had to reboot the system hard to get the radio back on line to be able to connect. What’s the solution

Happy to assist!

Taking a look at your system history shows that your cellular module’s signalling strength is good and no signal loss reported. When did you reboot the system?

I do see a delay between a disarm command being sent and being acknowledged at the panel, is this the issue that you are referring to? It appears a couple back-to-back commands were delayed a few minutes.

Keep in mind there can be a handful of causes for inbound delays, and more for signal loss in general. These two issues are not equal, so it is important to determine which is happening in order to get to the root of the problem.

This is becoming increasingly inconsistent to be done from app or web. You can look at my logs and tell. I have asked for assistance with this and gotten no response. The last time it happened I triggered an alarm. Do I need to go with another carrier? Sometimes it works great and then sometimes it won’t disarm? What’s the fix please. I have already done the cell phone test and checked signal. Green at 21/30 and says working properly.

Looking through the account and based on previous correspondence, it looks like the issue you are referring to is intermittent delays on commands. This would typically either be caused by a malfunctioning module or module/panel connection, possibly a loose antenna, or carrier tower issue.

However, in this case, it looks like the carrier is reporting your module as roaming at all times. Based on this issue, coupled with the intermittent delays, obtaining a cellular module from an alternate carrier would be recommended.

I have asked for assistance with this and gotten no response.

It appears there has not been any follow up here on the forum regarding the original posting. Please note that all technical support is handled on this technical support forum.

The inconsistency of my system is becoming a problem. I have already done the cell test. I have done everything in the forum, but my system will intermittently decide when it wants to disarm after it is armed. I need a solution and not to be pointed toward the forum. Thanks!

We are always happy to help, and I understand the concern. Note that suretyDIY technical support is performed on our support forum here.

Technical issues require troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve, so please reply to the forum thread here so that we may further assist.

Inbound command delays can have a variety of causes, but from an above response, your account signaling is actually listed as in Roaming status at all times, and it is recommended to try a different carrier. Modules can be ordered in our store.

It looks like there was a recent move involved? Verizon LTE and AT&T HSPA both show as having full coverage for the current area per ADC. CDMA shows minimal coverage (you currently use CDMA).

For the LTE module 1.17 firmware is required (looks like you already have this version so either module should be fine.)

Once you have the new module installed, you can let us know you are ready for the module swap on your account by sending a secure message here. We will then associate your new module number with your account.

I am a bit concerned that I have to buy another wireless module for LTE in my forum findings. That seems a little extreme doesn’t it. It is random that the system doesn’t disarm.

Swapping out equipment should typically be reserved as a last resort when it comes to troubleshooting, however, as there is not enough CDMA coverage in your area, a CDMA cellular module (the type that is currently installed in your panel) is not recommended for your area.

I see that this module was originally used in an alternate location. Moving with a module does not guarantee the module will be appropriate for the new area. While in most cases there will not be an issue, coverage may be lacking for certain networks in some areas of the US.

Per above, the Verizon LTE and AT&T HSPA both show as having full coverage for the current area per ADC. Either of which can be purchased via our storefront, or elsewhere.

Why would the system intermittently go to roaming. Doesn’t make sense. Verizon is a carrier here. I am pretty sure, considering I was a network engineer, NOC Foreman that these wireless devices need to be adjusted in the switch and set to not roaming. The tech is not that old nor is it discontinued or it simply would not work. Has to be a better solution than what has been presented. I didn’t even spend the money a year ago to get this and to me it’s a bit disheartening to see that I have to buy more gear to even upgrade and switch to lte?! Why didn’t you just do that when I purchased the system?

I know it’s a frustrating situation, we’re happy to help!

Why would the system intermittently go to roaming. Doesn’t make sense. Verizon is a carrier here.

It isn’t going Roaming intermittently. It is always Roaming. 100% of the time. Roaming indicates it is piggybacking off of other carrier resources.

When your location is checked against the Alarm.com coverage check tool:

Coverage

This means that Verizon would be using a local carrier tower rather than their own network resources for CDMA.

I didn’t even spend the money a year ago to get this and to me it’s a bit disheartening to see that I have to buy more gear to even upgrade and switch to lte?! Why didn’t you just do that when I purchased the system?

When the original module was purchased, note it was for a different address. If the system physically moves location, signaling can be affected as it will be transmitting through different towers.

Roaming doesn’t mean problem by itself, but it does mean that this problem’s recommended solution would be a different module.

I am pretty sure, considering I was a network engineer, NOC Foreman that these wireless devices need to be adjusted in the switch and set to not roaming. The tech is not that old nor is it discontinued or it simply would not work. Has to be a better solution than what has been presented

CDMA is actually facing an impending service sunset in a few years. Existing CDMA modules can continue to work through 2022, but similar to 2G AT&T, they will cease to function at that point as Verizon ends support.

Based on the signaling history, it looks like the panel is getting a fine signal strength while roaming, but you’re seeing delays on some commands. The best way to address the issue would be to switch to an officially supported carrier.

That said, if you absolutely do not wish to update, I understand, and we are happy to continue pushing the signaling team to see if Verizon can identify any potential issues through the roaming network.

Since it shows no coverage CDMA is not widely used in the area, and there are no other examples of this issue nearby that ADC is aware.

In the meantime we will have ADC send a number of commands again to ensure the panel is 100% synced. Based on history we see every once in a while a delayed inbound command (arm/disarm commands delayed or timed-out)

If you are seeing other symptoms, please describe them here as it may assist.