Looking for secondary keypad

I’m going to be installing a Qolsys system. I’d like to have a secondary keypad at the door from my garage. The installer says the wall fob (keypad alone) has had issues and doesn’t recommend it. Anyone have experience with it? Any other options?

Also, how well does Bluetooth disarming work? Maybe I won’t need a keypad if my system will detect my phone when I arrive at the garage…

Thanks!!

I’m going to be installing a Qolsys system. I’d like to have a secondary keypad at the door from my garage. The installer says the wall fob (keypad alone) has had issues and doesn’t recommend it. Anyone have experience with it? Any other options?

Are you referring to the IQ Panel 2 or the original IQ Panel. Note that the original panel is now discontinued. It is still supported of course, but its secondary touchscreen is also discontinued and would be very hard to come by.

There is an IQ Remote secondary touchscreen keypad for the IQ Panel 2. It is not currently available in the suretyDIY store but should be soon.

Also, how well does Bluetooth disarming work? Maybe I won’t need a keypad if my system will detect my phone when I arrive at the garage…

Bluetooth disarming is not something I recommend using. While convenient, it does cause a serious security concern since theft/loss of the phone would present easy access. It also causes issues if multiple phones trigger it and one remains at the home for whatever reason.

The Alarm.com app can have your credentials saved for ease of access, but you can also apply a 4 digit passcode lock for protection in the case of phone theft.

That said, we do have users who make use of bluetooth disarming and I have not heard distance concerns.

Thank you for the response. I’m going to install the IQ Panel 2. I’ll keep a lookout for the keypad. Since we usually enter the house through the garage I might put the main panel in there and just a keypad at the front door (when it’s available).

And thanks for the info on Bluetooth.