Looking to replace ADT system

I moved into a new home and it had an ADT system that the owner was using just up to his move out.

Wanting to replace it with a 2GIG system. My goal would be to have the normal alarm functions but also control Schlage digital deadbolt locks(lock/unlock/modify codes), be notified when a guest code is used to open the door, control garage door opener via zwave.

Alarm Panel is a PC1616 based on label. See attached photos.

What do I need to purchase?
From reading it seems like my current DSC panel is powered by AC while the 2gig uses DC power. Can I use the existing power cables to power the 2gig panel?

Thanks in advance for the help.

My goal would be to have the normal alarm functions but also control Schlage digital deadbolt locks(lock/unlock/modify codes), be notified when a guest code is used to open the door, control garage door opener via zwave.

Gold Interactive is what you would be looking for. It includes support for all the features you’ve mentioned.

Alarm Panel is a PC1616 based on label. See attached photos.

What do I need to purchase?

In order to reuse existing hardwired zones on a 2GIG GC2 or GC3 panel, you will just need to use one or more 2GIG TAKE-345 takeover modules. Each TAKE-345 supports 8 hardwired zones.

The TAKE-345 is powered via the DC aux output of the old alarm panel, and uses the backup battery charging circuit of the old panel as well.

From reading it seems like my current DSC panel is powered by AC while the 2gig uses DC power. Can I use the existing power cables to power the 2gig panel?

You can use existing keypad cables to power the 2GIG Panel, yes, but you cannot actually use the power supply for the old panel or the aux output to power the 2GIG GC2 or GC3. You must use the included plug-in transformer. It simply has screw terminals to connect the existing cables.

The video below goes over how to install a TAKE-345.

Seems like the process should be fairly painless.

Are you all recommending the old 2 gig or new panel at this point. Are there any issues or missing features on the new panel compared to old?

In regards to using the old power cables to power the new keypad/panel. It looks like the power wires are run through the wall. Is it normal practice to run these back to the main panel for power?

-David

Are you all recommending the old 2 gig or new panel at this point. Are there any issues or missing features on the new panel compared to old?

We do not recommend one over the other. They fill the same function and the GC3 is intended by the manufacturer as a premium version.

That said the GC3 touchscreen is a capacitive touchscreen, whereas the GC2 is resistive, and the GC3 tends to be easier to navigate for new users (as you might expect from a newer redesigned interface).

This thread compares the two panels.

It looks like the power wires are run through the wall. Is it normal practice to run these back to the main panel for power?

If you are reusing cables from a previous hardwired system, yes they would be run in-wall back to the keypad terminals on the main panel board. This is normal.

However, as above, we want to stress that you cannot power the GC2/GC3 etc. off of the old panel board. You would only be reusing the cable. The cable would be removed from the old panel, and re-routed or extended, connected to the plug-in power supply included with the new Alarm panel, and plugged into a nearby outlet.

Finally finding time to tackle this swap out.

Few questions before I order.

On the drop down for ordering the 2GIG GC3 I don’t see the LTE module as an option? Is the 3G module still recommended.

I have a Schlage BE469NX on my front door. Is this compatible with the current GC3 panel? Only see mentions of the BE468, but i think the 469 just has the alarm function.

Thanks
-David

The GC3 LTE module is not available yet on the store, however we’ve been told it is in the next round of additions. It should be available soon if you want to use LTE.

I haven’t tried a BE469 on a GC3, officially it is not on the compatibility list. This may mean it is incompatible or it may mean it was not tested by the manufacturer. I wouldn’t advise buying one for use with a GC3, but if you already have it there is no harm in trying.