Low Battery Warnings hard wired zones

My panel is beeping going crazy and then stopped for awhile so to prevent an issue I did the following:

1. Replaced the Main backup battery thinking it was going bad ( about 8 years old )
  2. Replaced the wall plug transformer since it was never replaced.

A few days went by and now the system just started going crazy again saying the hard wired zones have low battery and the console now show an red x on the plug in icon and rebooting over and over like it’s out of juice.

I am guessing it’s the 2GIG panel battery pack that needs replacing? I disconnected the unit since it was going beep happy, please advice :slight_smile:

now the system just started going crazy again saying the hard wired zones have low battery

Are these hardwired zones wired to a TAKE-345 takeover module? If so this indicates that the brick backup battery wired to the TAKE is low.

1. Replaced the Main backup battery thinking it was going bad ( about 8 years old ) 2. Replaced the wall plug transformer since it was never replaced.

Which transformer did you replace? Could you describe or post a few photos of the TAKE and old alarm panel wiring?

Do you have a multimeter to test voltage?

If you have noticed that hardwired sensors have all reported low battery, resolved that by swapping the battery, then a few days later the same occurs that would likely indicate that the TAKE is no longer getting 12VDC and the Battery is being used without re-charging.

Double check the circuit breaker for the receptacle they are powered by. Are you using the old panel board as the charging circuit and 12VDC source?

Hi,

I replaced the big backup battery enercell 12vdc 5 ah 2300945 with a new battery, I also replaced the power transformer DSC PTC1640U (Pos/ GRD ) with a PTC1640 ( has Pos/GRD/POS ) terms.

I just ordered a multi meter since mine went MIA so I won’t be able to check. Like I said last week it went crazy I ordered the Transformer and battery and then the system stopped beeping the same day, so when the parts came in I installed all of it and the system seemed fine for a 3 days and then it just started beeping again and showing that it’s plugged in and then it’s not plugged in now.

Could you post the wording of the relevant alerts you show on the alarm panel? You can find these under Security > Status.

Hi,

Home: The Entry Door reported an End of Low Battery at 1:13 pm on Friday, December 15 2017.
Home: The Hallway Motion Detector reported an End of Low Battery at 1:10 pm on Friday, December 15 2017.
Home: The System reported a Power Failure at 1:08 pm on Friday, December 15 2017.
Home: The Hallway Motion Detector reported a Low Battery at 1:05 pm on Friday, December 15 2017.
Home: The Hallway Motion Detector reported an End of Low Battery at 12:55 pm on Friday, December 15 2017.
Home: The Entry Door reported a Low Battery at 12:50 pm on Friday, December 15 2017.

It is a little difficult to tell in the images, but check the wiring to the TAKE-345 12V and G terminals and make sure it is not loose or broken, as well as where it connects to aux power.

I’m guessing the panel power failure coincides with you manually unplugging, correct?

So here is the current status:

I checked every wire, and made sure everything was tight, the TAKE-345 and it wires are all tight, I disconnect the big backup battery and reconnected.

I reconnected the 2GIG panel and it still shows no power and was beeping, so I went and swap out the wall power adapter with the old DSC PTC1640U and now it shows power, so I am guessing the adapter is bad to the wall or I had the wrie on the new one wrong, the new one is a PTC1640 with 3 connectors.

It should be POS|GRD|POS

Update, still shows the 2GIG console is plugged in, but randomly “reported a Low Battery” all the different zones… Maybe it’s time for a newer system :wink:

I reconnected the 2GIG panel and it still shows no power and was beeping, so I went and swap out the wall power adapter with the old DSC PTC1640U and now it shows power, so I am guessing the adapter is bad to the wall or I had the wrie on the new one wrong, the new one is a PTC1640 with 3 connectors.

To clarify, are you saying the 2GIG Go!Control Panel itself is being powered off of the old panel board aux outputs? It should not be. The Go!Control Panel should be powered off of its own 14VDC transformer. The Go!Control Transformer looks like this.

Hi Jason,

No that’s not the same adapter, I have DSC PTC1640U transformer plugged in the wall, so I ordered the same adapter, just the new version of it so I wouldn’t mess anything up.

DSC PTC1640 System Power Transformer (16.5vac, 40va)

BTW, after plugging in the old one for awhile, about 12 hours later around 3am the system did it again one time, with low battery warnings, but it hasn’t happened again.

OWen

No that’s not the same adapter, I have DSC PTC1640U transformer plugged in the wall, so I ordered the same adapter, just the new version of it so I wouldn’t mess anything up.

DSC PTC1640 System Power Transformer (16.5vac, 40va)

There should be two transformers in this setup:

The 16.5 VAC Transformer you reference is used for the old panel in the metal case, which in turn powers the TAKE-345 and charges the brick battery.

The Go!Control Panel is powered from its own 14 VDC transformer, linked in the post above. It should not be powered via any other means. Before moving on I would confirm where the Go!Control is powered, otherwise there is a concern of damaging it during troubleshooting.

The most likely case here, if the included transformer with the panel is not being used, is that it is being powered off of the same 12 VDC aux output as the TAKE-345, which can underpower the panel. Based on everything above this is what it sounds like if you saw the panel showing unplugged as well after swapping that transformer.