Making the switch from Livewatch

So my 1 year contract with Livewatch is up & I’m thinking of making the switch to Surety. What can I expect? Anyone else make the switch?

I’m running a Qolsys panel that’s never been hooked up to alarm.com. Is there a process I need to go through with them to get them to clear there info out of my panel before I sign up here?

I’m running a Qolsys panel that’s never been hooked up to alarm.com

If this panel was active with Livewatch, and you had remote interactive arm/disarm capabilities, and optional empower home automation; Image sensors…then you were hooked up to alarm.com via cellular (and probably wifi).

With Qolsys, you cant just switch out the cellular module and change service providers (you can with 2GIG), So if you had service with your Qolsys panel through Livewatch, then you need to have them unregister and release the cellular module before you can switch services to another alarm.com provider (like SuretyCAM).

If they wont release and unregister the built in Qolsys cellular module, then you will need to replace the panel to switch providers.

This same subject was discussed a year ago. Just out of curiosity, why makes you think you are ‘not hooked up to alarm.com’? Your Qolsys panel does have active service with Livewatch, right?

See: considering switching to surety

Yep, a Qolsys panel has a built in cellular module. The modules/panels are typically available to use elsewhere when the existing Alarm.com service is terminated. The modules can only be registered to one account at a time.

You can find details on our Interactive Service plans here.

Wow… thank you everyone for the responses.

I only had a baseline service with LiveWatch. Nothing interactive. Never had an alarm.com account our mobile capabilities.

When I cancel with them, what do I need to do? Do I need to tell them to release the modules? I’m pretty tech savvy but relatively new to the alarm space.

Also, how long does it take to get service active with Surety?

Ohh wow. Didn’t realize I asked the same question last year. Sorry

When I cancel with them, what do I need to do? Do I need to tell them to release the modules? I’m pretty tech savvy but relatively new to the alarm space.

We cannot directly speak to other provider policies, but in most cases as soon as the existing Alarm.com account is disconnected, your module will be unlocked. Some providers have modules locked to their service beyond this, though that is rare among providers.

suretyDIY orders are processed during business hours (M-F 9am-5:30pm EST) usually within one business day, but orders for service that arrive during business hours are often processed much faster than that.

When the account is ordered and set up by our team, you’ll receive a welcome email detailing last steps to getting connected, as well as initial login credentials for your new account.

I would advise reaching out to your current provider and asking them what is needed, as we do not know all competitors’ policies. The module would need to be released, however, before you could use it elsewhere. You can use this page to check the serial number to see its current status.

Orders are processed within one business day, however if you are ordering service only during business hours, it is often much faster than that.

I only had a baseline service with LiveWatch. Nothing interactive. Never had an alarm.com account our mobile capabilities

The backend service used by Livewatch is powered by alarm.com, so most likely you have/had an alarm.com account for Qolsys panel.

I assume there is no telephone line behind/connected to panel?, and if you disable your home wifi, your panel still communicates (if say, you set off alarm, livewatch contacts you?)

If so, this implies alarm.com cellular connectivity.

Thank you for all of the info. I plugged my module info into the alarm.com checker, and yes it is in use.

All signed up & excited to join the Surety team!

@bobloblaw: So I assume livewatch released the module so you could use your IQ on Surety?