Making The Switch! Moni Contract is Up in 2 Months!

I have been lurking for a few months on here awaiting my contract expiration with Monitronics, been with them for 5 years, grueling to say the least. I suppose I will just skip dealing with them and order a new cell card for the panel. At which time should I prepare this in advance as to not have my alarm system down for more than a day. I’d like to have all of my ducks in a row.

I have 2GIG 1.10 firmware, is that sufficiant or is there another update I need to perform? The panel is currently locked to Moni. Sending in my 30 day notice cancellation next month. I did order an Alarm.com ADC-V721W camera to add on the system when we make the transition. Cant wait!

I suppose I will just skip dealing with them and order a new cell card for the panel. At which time should I prepare this in advance as to not have my alarm system down for more than a day. I’d like to have all of my ducks in a row.

When you order suretyDIY service along with a communication module, service will be set up during processing and ready to go as soon as you install the module, so you can have no real downtime if you wish. It sounds like you’ve got it down what is needed, but this page goes over how to use an existing 2GIG panel with suretyDIY.

All products ship from Columbus, Ohio.

I have 2GIG 1.10 firmware, is that sufficiant or is there another update I need to perform?

1.10 would be sufficient for either 3G communication module. If you plan to use the LTE module instead, 1.17 would be needed before being able to connect.

I did order an Alarm.com ADC-V721W camera to add on the system when we make the transition. Cant wait!

Cloud Video can be selected as an addition during the purchase of a service subscription through suretyDIY, or it can of course be added later.

We’re happy to help out!